“angela mark, recent guest”

Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't stay there, it is on Mayport road, notorious for drug activities, tranvestites, hookers and loitering homeless people, you may share your breakfast or swimming pool with them too surprisingly! There are much nicer hotels at the beach that I would reccommend.Go ahead and verify that at atlantic beach police crime maps statistics or JSO crime maps statistics.The new owners, managers say they want to improve that but they really won't because they don't want to lose money from their current clientele.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank angela m
Thomas H, General Manager at Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking time to express your concerns. Indeed, there is new ownership working hard to improve the image of the hotel, outside and inside as well.
Marian Dumitrescu

There are newer reviews for Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great place very close to the Naval Base and Hana Park in Atlantic Beach. This location was great for the beach, going to downtown Jacksonville for events and visting St. Augustine, 50 minutes away. The hotel breakfast was a perk and the location was nice and quiet. The staff was excellent in meeting needs and keeping the hotel clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: We took the only smoking room left for a fantastic deal. It did not smell to us; but we both smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa G,
Thank you very much for your comments , I will make sure to share them with our staff.
Marian Dumitrescu

Reviewed July 7, 2013

There was a fan in the hallway when I checked in. No comment from the front desk about it, the smell has gotten worse as the day went by. Why would you put a guest who is staying for 3 nights near it. I was told on my second day it is under new management by Arabs. Is this supposed to mean something. Do yourself a favor and stay any where else. Service is terrible and it the rooms are hardly clean and the lighting in the bathrooms is dim. The other reveiws must have been fake.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is nowhere near the beach and is in a run down area of Mayport close to the naval station.We checked in after a fairly long drive from Orlando and were given a room on the ground floor (1st floor) when we entered the room we were greeted with a strong musty smell that would not go away we were due to stay three nights so I was going to ask for a nicer non smelling room the next day but we went to the breakfast room the next morning and found the room tiny it had 4 tables and seats for 12 guests,The breakfast was fair enough with a good selection and bacon (if you don't mind more fat than meat on your bacon)and scrambled eggs but the room was just to tiny and the hotel is too far from any beach

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas H, AGM at Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback and I sincerely apologize for not living up to your expectations. While we are located in Atlantic Beach, one mile from the Atlantic Ocean and just minutes from areas with public beach access. Unfortunately, we have no control when third party travel agents misrepresent our property as one located on the beach, however, most guests select our property to be close to the area beaches without having to incur the significantly higher rates of the oceanfront properties. As for the odor in the room I wish I was made aware of this during your stay as this is unacceptable and I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Small and nice hotel. Location on the central street at Atlantic beach. Very silent place.I stayed here 6 times in the last year. Great hotel, Great hospitality, Great staff!!!

Suggested for everyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your nice compliments and five star review! I will certainly share this with my staff. They take such great pride in their jobs and I am glad it shows! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good experience and value for the price and good location...........staff very helpfull and breakfast was very good. i always put best western at the top of my list for hotels....I think you could pay more for a hotel and get less..............

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thomas H, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to complete a tripadvisor survey regarding your recent stay with us. Our entire staff pride themselves on providing the very best service and they are very impressive. It's certainly a pleasure that it's noticed and I thank you again. If you're in the area again in the further please do not hesitate to call on us as we would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

May God Bless you richly!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights, and they were so nice. I wish I could remember the young man's name who checked me in. He was so helpful, had warm cookies ready in the afternoon, & was generally above & beyond. This is very close to Hannah Park, which is a must see spot while in Jacksonville. Beautiful park, & also right on the ocean, but without all the crowds. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Thomas H, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for noticing the oustanding staff here. They take great pride in the hotel and I am glad it shows! Thank you for your tips and nice review! We appreicate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!