“Great Little Seafood Place”

Safe Harbor Seafood Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We love this place!! You can select your own seafood and they will cook it for you for a fee or you can order off the menu. The view is not too shabby either. You can watch the boats come in from fishing trips and see some of the "Catch of the Day". You may even see some dolphins if you sit outside. You will definitely see pelicans they are everywhere. Best seafood we have ever eaten. If you are coming from Fernandina and you have kids, you have to ride the ferry over to Mayport to get to the seafood market. They will love it.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have frequented Singleton's Seafood on occasion. We decided to try Safe Harbor this time. We were expecting a line on Saturday night and we got it. Be prepared to order and then find one of the limited tables. It is "seat yourself" style. There is not many tables inside. Most of the seating is outside. The views of the harbor are great. However, if the Casino Cruise is docked, you will have some limited view. We caught a full parking lot due to the cruise timing. The food was great. We had grilled scallops, fried scallops, grilled shrimp, crab cake, steamed clams, and more. We will try it again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Between us, we had fried and blackened scallops, Blackened haddock and shrimp going back soon - fresh food, good atmosphere and met the manager. This is not your everyday seafood place - You can purchase the fish in the market and have the restaurant cook it for you for $2.00 a lb.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Safe Harbor is the best seafood restaurant in all of Jacksonville and I've chowed down at plenty. The food at this place is to die for. The portions were very good and the service was faster than any joint I've ever been in for seafood in this town.The restaurant is situated right on the water in Mayport Fl. I'm telling you mates you wont regret spending your last cooper at this place. I will go on to say even the Queen Of England doesn't get chow like this. The atmosphere is great and it's small but me and my crew didn't have to wait to be seated. Now the downside me and the crew ended up holding up the line because there is so much good grub to chose from on the menu. If you go to Safe Harbor plan on going hungry you'll need the room in your belly. I'm going back next week because writing this review has me drooling all over my laptop. Again this place is top of line and not some crappy,greasy dive everything is fresh and cooked to order. So,I don't know about you but I'm going back next week to grub up. Oh, and this place is in a very nice location no bums or shady people here. Thanks Safe Harbor for the great meal and service.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Simple and good seafood. Went for lunch with my son and grandson. Order at the counter and seat yourself. Having a one year old with you can sometimes be trying on us old folks. But, all the staff kept him fully entertained during our stay. He loved the hush puppies! All the food was great!
Will make it a point to visit again on my next visit to Jacksonville.