“Nice Surprise!”

Description: telephone 904 246 0123
Greer, SC
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Saturday night at JAX Beach makes dining out crazy...especially when you have a large group, so we opted to take a drive 5 minutes or so from Neptune Beach hoping to find a decent seafood restaurant that wasn't really expensive or insanely busy/crowded. We happened onto a large strip mall with several restaurants to choose from and we went with The Fish Co....good choice! Nice atmosphere inside, the hostess seated us and took a drink order immediately (bonus!). Our server appeared a few minutes later, explained the specials and recommended a few appetizers & entrees. Being from Maryland, was a little disappointed with the hush puppies...just didn't really have much of a flavor at all....but that was the only downside. I had the lobster tail (steamed perfectly) with mac-n-cheese and a Caesar salad, all hit the spot. A 12 yr old in our group who isn't a big eater got a seafood pasta that she really tore thru (must have been really good ;-). Bill wasn't over the top...overall great experience! Sure it's nice being able to walk to a restaurant from your hotel at the beach, but sometimes the weekend crowds can be a bit much. This place was definitely a great alternative!

• Visited June 2014

Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Great local Fish and Shrimp!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I ate lunch here today and it was the fourth time. The service was great and the server friendly and attentive. The prices are great because I usually go for Lunch. They always have local fish of the day on the menu and it is served fried, blackened, or grilled. I have had the Fish Tacos, the calamari, the mussels, the soups, fried fish and chips, fried shrimp, shrimp and grits, my favorite, as well as the tuna ceviche, not on the menu, which is wonderful. They are known for there oysters, raw or steamed and even have weekly specials. I don't eat them but people seem to love them, they come from all over town. So definitely would recommend eating there and they even have a back room that holds small parties. They say you can tell a lot about a place by how clean the bathroom is and this one is always spotless. I know that on week-end nights, they can have an hour wait and the prices increase with larger portions. But for me lunch is the way to go, since there is always room and the dishes are affordable.

• Visited June 2014
Waycross
“Tuna - Great”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have had their tuna steak at least 10 times and never once a complaint. Oyster nights at $6.00 a dozen is un believable and offered by no other.

Elysburg, Pennsylvania
“Enjoy enjoy”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Drinks=dynamite , Oysters succulent, callimari FABULOUS, WINGS the best , Crab legs full and tasty, and the Frad sauce was the bomb!!!!
SERVICE EXCELLENT , atmosphere Great. The staff from the front door through the shuckers to the servers were there for US. GO THERE AND BE PLEASED!! And SATISFIED. $$$ Well spent.

• Visited May 2014
“Fresh Fish in a casual setting.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We dined there last night and I enjoyed my shrimp platter very much. There were 8 broiled shrimp, coleslaw, hushpuppies and a baked potato, I could have substituted French fries or a bowl of fruit for the baked potato. It was Happy hour so I tried one of the white "house wines". Not bad and the price was right! My husband , on the other hand was not as pleased with his dinner. He tried the Wahoo and said it was dry and the "blistered green bean medley was greasy. We have dined here many times and loved everything but last night was an off night. We will go again as the prices are reasonable and the fish is fresh.