“Think Oysters!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: telephone 904 246 0123
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Some of the tastiest and freshest -- not to mention cheapest -- oysters I've ever had were served to me at the Fish Company. The menu is simple but wide-ranging enough to accommodate my vegetarian husband and my seafood-loving self. The service was excellent and the prices can't be beat.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We are local folks who visited this restaurant upon the recommendation of a friend who eats out often and whose opinion we respect. Atmosphere is adequate and the restaurant was clean and pleasantly decorated. Upon questioning the fish served on the seafood platter we were told it was Basa, similar to catfish. My spouse chose Flounder instead without being told that Flounder was $4 extra. The scallops were $2 extra which added $6 to an already overpriced platter. In all fairness, the food was tasty and well-prepared. Upon checking the Basa fish on the internet, we discovered it is a fish from Viet Nam and that it is raised in highly polluted water. Why doesn't the restaurant choose to purchase US farm-raised cat fish? The shrimp was local, as stated. Overall, we feel strongly that the owner of this restaurant doesn't care about the highest quality of all of the seafood. This doesn't sit well with us, locals who know seafood and the sources from which they come. We will never patronize The Fish Company again.

1  Thank Arkygirl43
Reviewed December 22, 2013

they did not only forget to prepare my order through phone, they also gave us spoiled food. my wife whole the night throwing out the food. we had very very bad time at hotel nearby in Jacksonville.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Went to The Fish Company with the Family. We sat at the bar for dinner. Our bartender was was great. He took care of us from start to finish. Appitizers were great. Same with the food. Very clean and well decorated.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is my most difficult review so far. I was told that one of the best seafood places would be this restaurant. I arrived, and I'm not sure what I was expecting, as far as a theme was concerned, but this wasn't it. a concrete floor, and a booth with a blinding light hanging over my head. Corey, my server, showed up, and things got much better. I ordered oysters on the half shell, as they were on special, and I love them, but had not had them in a long while. They were fresh and just wonderful. Another of my all time favorites, "Shrimp and Grits" also appeared as a special, so maiking menu choices was simple for me. Two of my favorite things on special. Corey returned with a smile, and my entree'. I asked for a lime for my Ice tea, and Corey was back with it in a flash. I mixed the Shrimp and Grits, giving it a chance to cool a bit, and tasted just bits from my fork as I did. The grits were cooked perfectly, not too runny, or too dry.
As it cooled a bit more I continued to take very small bits off my fork, and the taste seemed to be better than perfect. I said to my self,."Certainly this is in the top 5 that I've ever eaten, and I've eaten hundreds. Then it cooled enough to take a whole bite...So salty, it was almost inedible.
Corey was there almost immediately asking..."How is it?" I told him it was so salty I almost could not eat it. He offerred a replacement, or an attempt to have my meal discounted, neither of which I accepted. I ate it all. The taste was so good, I just kept washing the salt down with my iced tea. Now here's why it was so difficult to write this review. On one hand, I could have gotten another plate wih less salt, which certainly would have gleaned an "EXCELLENT" review. So, my fault. On the other hand, they served this grossly over salted dish. If I went again, I'd ask for a "taste" before ordering. I drank gallons of water after I got back to the hotel. Corey was a great and personable server. I'm going back to Atlantic Beach soon. I'll make a point to visit them again. I still think of the magnificent flavor, spoiled by way too much salt, and hope next time I visit it won't be that way. It would be simply magnificent!