“Salty, but wonderful”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: telephone 904 246 0123
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is my most difficult review so far. I was told that one of the best seafood places would be this restaurant. I arrived, and I'm not sure what I was expecting, as far as a theme was concerned, but this wasn't it. a concrete floor, and a booth with a blinding light hanging over my head. Corey, my server, showed up, and things got much better. I ordered oysters on the half shell, as they were on special, and I love them, but had not had them in a long while. They were fresh and just wonderful. Another of my all time favorites, "Shrimp and Grits" also appeared as a special, so maiking menu choices was simple for me. Two of my favorite things on special. Corey returned with a smile, and my entree'. I asked for a lime for my Ice tea, and Corey was back with it in a flash. I mixed the Shrimp and Grits, giving it a chance to cool a bit, and tasted just bits from my fork as I did. The grits were cooked perfectly, not too runny, or too dry.
As it cooled a bit more I continued to take very small bits off my fork, and the taste seemed to be better than perfect. I said to my self,."Certainly this is in the top 5 that I've ever eaten, and I've eaten hundreds. Then it cooled enough to take a whole bite...So salty, it was almost inedible.
Corey was there almost immediately asking..."How is it?" I told him it was so salty I almost could not eat it. He offerred a replacement, or an attempt to have my meal discounted, neither of which I accepted. I ate it all. The taste was so good, I just kept washing the salt down with my iced tea. Now here's why it was so difficult to write this review. On one hand, I could have gotten another plate wih less salt, which certainly would have gleaned an "EXCELLENT" review. So, my fault. On the other hand, they served this grossly over salted dish. If I went again, I'd ask for a "taste" before ordering. I drank gallons of water after I got back to the hotel. Corey was a great and personable server. I'm going back to Atlantic Beach soon. I'll make a point to visit them again. I still think of the magnificent flavor, spoiled by way too much salt, and hope next time I visit it won't be that way. It would be simply magnificent!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went to The Fish Company for lunch recently and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We had fried shrimp and oysters. The shrimp were lightly battered and fried just the right amount-very little. Most restaurants over cook seafood until they are tough. The oysters were as good as the shrimp, cooked perfectly. Our waitress, Kaitlyn, was very friendly, attentive, and helpful without being a pest. We felt the price we paid was fairly reasonable and we would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Awesome Stone Crab Claws! Fresh Oysters, great fried shrimp. Always good seafood, great service. House Chardonnay. . . mediocre, house Pinot Grigio. . . quite good.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have enjoyed the fresh seafood for years. If they have trigger fish you really need to try it. Also try the spinach cake, very good and certainly a different side.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The tuna on fried spinach is my favorite. Seafood is excellent and fresh. Takeout service is efficient and easy to use.