“Vibrant and energetic scene”
Review of The Fish Company

The Fish Company
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: telephone 904 246 0123
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel suggested this place for a casual seafood restaurant. It isn't on the water but in a strip mall. We missed the happy hour specials but they were quite reasonable with their prices. They had a small but nice wine list at very reasonable prices. We plan on going back since we all enjoyed it very much. If you like big oysters, this the place to go.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went there on Sat. 4/27/13. I ordered the mussels and my girlfriend ordered a shrimp/fish/scallop dish. My mussels were mushy in a what I think was a caned sauce - her dish was tasteless and I had my suspisions about the scallops. The "cheap" osyters were from "Texas" and I was afraid to eat them. Never, Never, Never again.. I could not get the taste of this crap out of my mouth so we stopped and boughts mints which helped very little.

2  Thank Gene A
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Been going to the Fish Company ever since they open their doors and i'm a Huge fan!

In fact until I moved I'd drive out to Atlantic Beach a couple times a week from Mandarin just to go to the Fish Company.

Now I live in St Thomas and miss it terribly!

What's not to love? Service is great - go twice and they know your name, the girls at the bar are the best, seafood is as fresh as you'll find anywhere, best value in Jax by far.

Plus it's one of the best places to watch a Gator or Jags game. Oh, and lets not forget their signature $4 dozen oysters on Tues and Wed. This place is a MUST!

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed dinner at The Fish Company. Our party of 3 dined at the height of dinner time on a Friday night. We sat in the main dining room near the bar & it was a bit loud. But there are other areas in the large restaurant that are quieter. The scallops were excellent - moist & perfectly cooked. The shrimp was excellent (fried). Baked potatoes were fresh & not old-tasting. Hush puppies were a little bland with some over-cooked. For dessert we shared key line pie which was awesome! Overall a good experience. Vibrant bar scene & cool fresh seafood bar. We will return!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Apparently we hit it at the wrong time and had to wait almost an hour, but everyone we spoke with was a local, and all said it's the best place to go. Our food was well worth the wait.