“Best Thai In Jacksonville”
Review of Simply Tasty Thai

Simply Tasty Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Potomac, Maryland
“Best Thai In Jacksonville”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

When the Thai Room at the Beach closed we went looking for a replacement Thai spot.This place was terrific.It is a small 8 table place run by a family that couldn't be nicer.Drunken noodles were grease free and noodles looked home made.I also tried Filipino specialties Lumpia (am crisp fried eggroll) and chicken adobo (chicken stew in a vinegar/soy sauce that was wonderful).The place is 2 miles from the beach in a somewhat quiet strip mall in Mayport but worth the trip.They had Thai dance videos playing and a number of small artifacts from Thailand.This place was a really nice find visiting Jax Beach.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank michael g

FL
“Good Thai food that is worth the drive”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Ok, I am a total fiend for Thai food and my normal Thai restaurant that I love in Jacksonville stopped serving lunch on weekends. Thanks to the Urbanspoon app, I stumbled across this restaurant. Knowing the area that it was in, I couldn't believe that they really were ranked so highly. Let me just say that the reviews are all accurate. There is nothing upscale about this place, but the food is very good. I have green curry chicken which had a nice little kick. The portion was nicely sized. The only negative that I had about the dish was that it had some zucchini or similar veggie in it that did not hold up well to the cooking. My companion had pad thai chicken which he enjoyed. Be careful, it comes with a side of peanuts and pepper flakes. DON'T just dump it on!

One of the reasons that I would not give this a higher rating is because the chicken spring rolls were just ok. They were thin like cigarillos and didn't really have much inside. I would not have those again. Anyway, this is solidly good food and I recommend trying it out.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank serenityseekerFL
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Great food and nice portions.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Like the other reviewers have stated, don't let strip mall's appearance keep you away. The good and service are very good. The one thing I want to say is this....if you ask for "Thai Hot" you better have a LARGE glass of water handy because it is truly nice and hot. What a nice way to jumpstart the tastebuds.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank adenuff
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best of both worlds: Thai and filipino food”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

i am must say that i was a little skeptical of going to a thai restaurant in a somewhat run down strip mall. However, the food was amazing, both thai and filipino. The pricing was very reasonable considering each entree serves 2-3 people. I am half filipino so i am somewhat biased to a non filipino cooking our traditional dishes. The owner of the restaurant really understands the importance of using fresh ingredients. Also, the couple sitting next to us apparently took a cab from the nearby military base and asked the restaurant to call a cab to get back once they finished eating. The owner ended up having her son take the couple back to the base for no charge.

2 Thank JEArnold
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hidden Gem of a Restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Do not let the storefront or location fool you. Simply Tasty Thai is in a non-descript strip mall down the road a bit from the Navy Base. As we were in the area we thought we'd give it a try. Greeted by a lovely Thai woman who later informed us this was a family restaurant. Her brother is the chef and she works the counter and tables. It was a Monday night so they were not busy. As a result we received exceptional attention and service. Most importantly, the food was excellent. Perhaps the best we have enjoyed in Jacksonville. Very reasonable prices too. Bottled beer and soft drinks were available but I did not see wine on the menu. All meals are prepared to order and the proprietors grow their own herbs and spices. The motif is authentic and tasteful. This is not the Ritz but still is highly recommended. We'll be back soon.

2 Thank Langley