“Overpriced, slow, and rude” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: Coffee Shop
FL
“Overpriced, slow, and rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

I feel like I was robbed of $17 this morning. This morning we stopped in a Lillie's to grab two lattes and some breakfast. It was our first visit under this management (the name and management changed a bit ago). There were only two people in front of us when we entered the shop. We ordered one breakfast sandwich, one cheese danish, and two (medium) lattes...$17!!! The service was SO slow, even though there were plenty of staff behind the counter. It took 10 minutes to get my cheese danish even though all they had to do was take it from the cake stand and put it in a box. It was so slow, my companion's breakfast sandwich came out first! Anyway, when we got our latte's, they were only halfway full (scandalous for the price that they charge!) The coffee was weak and bitter. The cheese on the danish was this horribly sweet gloopy substance. I took one bite of the danish and trashed it because it was so bad. My companion and I both trashed our coffees. I believe in going to local eateries when I can, but I will avoid this place in favor of the big chain any day. I want my $17 and my 15 minutes back (waiting and attempting to eat this sad excuse of a danish).

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Atlantic Beach, Florida
“great little internet coffee shop with yummy panini's, coffee, icecream....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

We are regulars... at least twice a week...sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch or dinner. This little coffee shop has all that you need. Soup, Sandwiches, Salads, yummy desserts, ice cream...and, of course- coffees galore. They also serve wine and beer. Alarge Panini, served with chips and a pickle is about 8 bucks - not cheap, but a bit like Panera in cost but so much yummier in taste.

It is a casual setting and one block from the beach... folks may show up in bathing suits ( you have to have a cover-up and shoes to go inside) or casual to dressy ( those grabbing a bite to eat during the work day). They have indoor and outdoor seating. Folks come to study, visit with friends, or just hangout. You can always find someone to play scrabble or some other card or board game with. They keep the games and books and magazines on the cupboard inside for patrons. On the weekends, there is live music on Fri and Sat nites in the courtyard. We love it.

They have a facebook page if you are interested.

• Visited September 2011
Bath, United Kingdom
“A relaxed, friendly cafe with wonderful coffee and ice cream.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We visited this cafe twice and plan to return to enjoy the live music that plays on a Friday evening. The coffee is good, there is shaded seating outside and wonderfully cool tables inside. The atmosphere is very relaxed and it was clear that some of the locals were well established for the whole morning or afternoon - reading, chatting and using the wifi but as there is ample space this causes no hassle.

• Visited August 2011