“WOW Jacksonville Beach!!”

One Ocean Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Exquisite hotel!! The checkin staff was fabulous, and I have never had such an organized reception with "no" advance planning, and I have traveled the world. Wonderful location, beautiful rooms, clean and beachy. Please give this hotel a try, it's nice change from the other hotels in Jacksonville. Convenient walking to restaurants and local bars, yet nicely quiet.

The only issue that came up was the reservationist informed me the alcohol in the mini fridge was included in the $25.00 daily resort fee, however, that was not the case.

Regardless, it was a wonderful stay and I would "highly" recommend a nice weekend of bliss at One Ocean!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank spoppen
There are newer reviews for One Ocean Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed four nights and five days. The staff of this resort is superb. The food is superb. The employess at the bar near the dining facility was very professional and knowledgeable. The atomsphere is superb. The surrounding area near the resort is nice. I don't know why it is titled resort since the amenties of a resort is not there on site such as golf. I didn't use the spa or gym on site, but the areas seen small. The bathroom of our room was very small. There is barely room for one person in the bathroom. The door of our room allowed light from the hallway into the room therefore the room couldn't be darken. The door was not a good fit for the room. The view of our room allowed us to see the garbage area below our window. I would suggest an attractive canopy be put in place for those with the view we had. Valet service was included in our stay, but there seem to be plenty of parking outside of the resort parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I have stayed here three times. It's in a great location with well trained staff. I have never had a problem they didn't handle. If you in this part of the world you'll be pleasantly suprised with this facility.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Despite arriving in the middle of a cold front, which eliminated any thoughts of sunbathing or walks on the beach, my wife and I had a great time at this unusually stylish and welcoming resort. Thanks to my work in the events industry, I've been lucky enough to experience 5-star hotels all over the world, and was extremely impressed with the tasteful, chic decor here as well as the highly competent and personable staff. The French Toast at breakfast alone made the 4-hour trip there worth it, not to mention the bar carrying my favorite Belgian beer. If you're in the area, this resort can't be beat.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I have traveled many places and stayed at wonderful hotels and One Ocean accompanies the few at the top of my list. The service is impeccable...intuitively impeccable. The wake-up call in the morning accompanied by the delivery of a steaming pot of coffee and newspaper to my door is just the beginning. It is such a gracious experience in every way. The bed and bedding quality are magnificent and the turndown service in the evening is a nice touch. The lobby bar is a fantastic place for cocktails and conversation and the restaurant Azurea is not to be missed. The chefs are amazing. The staff will arrange to have bikes or surfboards delivered on site. Perfect since the ocean is steps away. I road north on the beach to the state park and enjoyed mountain bike trails and a natural wilderness excursion. I truly can't say enough about One Ocean except it would be a mistake not to stay there even if you live in town just to have a getaway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed at One Ocean for 4 nights for a business meeting. The location - right on beach - was wonderful and the staff attitude, with one exception, was outstanding!
Since our organizer declined docent services (cheapskates), we had no coffee or ice available. Refrigerator in room and convenience store just down the street, so able to stock myself with water, etc. If you like coffee before you get dressed, leave room, etc - bring your own brewpot or be prepared to wait.
The area around the resort was filled with charming little shops and lots of places to eat. Hardly anything open for early morning breakfast. I did not eat at hotel restaurants - couldn't find anything I liked on menu.
The decor on this property was incredible! Artwork - including paintings, sculptures, etc were contemporary and original. Little surprises at every turn - be sure to wander around the lobby!
Didn't use spa services - no time. They appeared extensive and about same price to be expected at any such facility.
All in all - the staff was the high point of stay. Friendly and responsive!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This hotel, although it looks average from the outside has been remodeled beautifully. The lobby, decor, common areas and rooms do have an upscale feel to them. From an interior design standpoint this can sometimes be hard to pull off. The room is comfy, bed and pillows are great. There is a room off the lobby that contains art.
The outside pool although small is nice with great chairs and the gym is great.

Service was good, although this place tries to hard to be 5 star which it is not. The "docent" is your personal concierge and I took full advantage considering the $25/day resort fee not charged until the end of your stay. There are no irons in the rooms but your docent will take your clothes and press them for you, which is great since I hate ironing! Iasked them to be done in 30 minutes and they were, which was great! The front desk staff is a little snooty bordering on patronizing, but that's ok. Compared to other places in the area this is clearly the best and the neighborhood is really classy with plenty of good restaurants of varying tastes. I did get room service but the dessert item was of poor quality for $8. The turn down service did ask if I wanted ice each night which was a nice touch.

Now for the bad. This place is not a Ritz etc and I shouldn't have all these sneaky, hidden extra charges. Forget about the valet parking...a complete waste at 15$/day. There is ample parking in public spots directly in front of the hotel for free where you won't be towed. I stayed in the same spot for 3 days and my car was left alone. The resort fee at $25/day is unavoidable however you get little for this fee but a few bags of chips and bottles of water in your room. I was shocked that beach chairs were extra and not included in this fee...absurd!!! I got a 3nights for the price of 2 which is a good deal...but I would think this place is too much during peak season. Plus the oceanview rooms do not have a window that can be opened so forget about hearing the ocean, this is extremely stupid. The bathroom is really small with hardly enough room for the door to clear the toilet. But, the shower was fantastic and made up for this.

I decided to splurge and get a massage at the spa. Probably the worst part of my stay. First, I payed for 50 minutes and only got about 35 minutes. I did spend some time getting a shower before the masage but that shouldn't have taken away from the full 50 minutes. I asked the masseuse to focus on a few areas and she did not.

The hotel is nice but takes itself too seriously...not worth any more than $175 a night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BurningSnow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!