One Ocean Resort & Spa
Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$128
Econo Lodge Mayport(Atlantic Beach)
$68
TripAdvisor
$81
$63
$100
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$219
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$181
$161
$139
$125
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
BestWestern.com
1,176 results
All reviewsresort feesea turtle inncoffee serviceocean frontvalet parkingdocent serviceneptune beachlobby barsmall bathroombalcony roomroom keyrestaurants and barsluxury hotelponte vedrabeach chairshotel is beautifulvalet service
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Would highly recommend. Beautiful place. Our docent Taylor was tops.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MTruvillo
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Like so many Tripadvisor review readers I get confused by all the conflicting comments on hotel properties. I vowed to make my own review (my first) after finally deciding on ignoring the bad comments about One Ocean Resort for a long weekend stay, regardless of the outcome.

I have concluded that those that disliked this place are either malcontents that don't like anything or are people looking for Ritz-Carlton services at Comfort Inn pricing. Here is an itemized list of what I think:

The service was outstanding and the staff could not have been nicer. The hostess at the restaurant was the only one that seemed to want to be somewhere else but she was at least efficient. Bellman, housekeeping, engineering, bartenders all acknowledged you with a smile. Most asked if you were enjoying your stay.

The location is right on the beach. The pool area was comfortable and well serviced. The surrounding area has a few restaurants and shops...it's not South Beach but we were told there was more further down the beach. We didn't have enough time to explore...next time.

The restaurant was very good and was not over priced for its cuisine and ambience. If you want pizza there are two places within walking distance. Azurea is fine dining priced right where you should expect it to be.

The rooms were comfortable, well appointed and clean. Yes, the bathrooms are small but also well appointed and perfectly functional.

I got a really fantastic rate through Expedia so when you added the $25 resort fee and the $15 valet parking I still paid less than $200 per night. So those fees didn't bother me one bit. Having those services just made the stay that much nicer.

Only dislikes. The bar charges top shelf pricing for mid-level alcohol. We drink citrus Vodka martini's and Skyy citrus is far from top-of-the-line but was pretty much all they had. We also like to mix cocktails in the room and relying on the Docent for ice was inconvenient. We bought bags of ice at the mini-mart nearby and stored it in the refrigerator...problem solved.

Thoroughly enjoyed One Ocean Resort. It's not quite The Ritz-Carlton but it is far, far from the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Our two main reasons for picking this hotel was the location on the beach and it is pet friendly. We checked in on Friday for our 5 night stay and was greeted by a very friendly staff. On our 2nd day we decided we wanted to upgrade our ocean view king room to an oceanfront king balcony room for the last 2 nights of our stay. We stopped by the front desk and spoke to Katrina and Robin the manager. They were both very friendly and helpful making these arrangements. We used the "one touch" service a few times at the beginning of our stay and had no issues. Our stay from Friday to Monday night was outstanding but things took a different turn with service on Tuesday morning.
We used the "one touch" service to place our breakfast order. My husband ordered 2 breakfast plates and a large pot of coffee with extra cream. He also confirmed there was 2 people eating and drinking. When our food arrived it only had one silverware setting, one coffee cup and a small serving of cream. We told the man who delivered our food we needed another set of silverware, coffee cup and extra cream. He said he would be back up in a few minutes with the items. After 15mins and having to take turns using the one coffee cup the phone rang. The lady asked if we had received the missing items. My husband informed her no and not to bother with the silverware since we got hungry and just shared the one set they brought but we still needed a coffee cup and creamer. After another 30mins and no cup or creamer my husband called the "one touch" service back to again tell them we still had no received the coffee cup and creamer. This time someone did make it up with a tray and what we thought were the items we had been requesting. But when we went to get the cup off the tray we found it also had 2 creamer servers but no cream in them. So once again we had to call the "one touch" service. This time they proceeded to send someone up with full size paper carton of creamer. Took a little over an hour so both my husband and I could drink a cup of coffee together at the same time.
Next issue with the "one touch" service was actually this morning. We decided we would just get 2 cups of coffee this morning, not a full pot. Since there isn't a coffee maker in the room you have no choice but to call to even get just one cup of coffee. After 30mins of waiting for the coffee to delivered we gave up and walked 2 blocks to Starbucks.
Tomorrow is our last morning here. We won't be calling the "one touch" service for coffee. Going to save ourselves the hassle and just go straight to Starbucks.
I recommend the Atlantic Beach area for a very low key relaxing beach vacation. I would also recommend this hotel as long as you aren't overly concerned with service 100% of the time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lvatovec
Reviewed June 30, 2009

If you are looking for a great hotel on the beach at a very reasonable price, then this is it. For our vacation this year, we (fiancee, two teenage children and myself) decided to drive from Texas to Florida with stops in Gulf Shores, AL, Destin, FL, and finally Atlantic Beach, FL. I had heard great things from friends and co-workers about all three locations, but for our trip, Atlantic Beach was the best. This was largley due to One Ocean Resort and it's location. The hotel is very nice and located directly on the beach. For me, beachfront location is a great quality to have, because I hate having to cross streets and navigate traffic with your hands full just to get to the beach. At One Ocean, you simply walk out the back of the hotel and you're on the beach. The beach itself was nice. Not too crowded, great water temp., and fairly clear water. We also enjoyed the "laid back" pool area. There is a hotel bar located near the pool, which is nice if you don't mind paying $4-$5 too much for a mixid drink. I recommend sticking to beer, still over-priced, but not as bad. The hotel is also located in a very nice area, with lots of choices for dining(Al's Pizza was great), nightlife, shops, coffee and a CVS. We stayed in an ocean view double, which was extremely nice. The beds were great, very large flat screen TV, and a decent enough view of the beach and surrounding area. The bathroom was very nice as well, with a huge, lighted mirror, great water pressure and nice soaps and shampoos. The $25 resort fee wasn't too bad for us, because we took our drinks and snacks from the room to the beach in our ice chest. We never paid the $15 for parking, because there was plenty of free parking near the hotel, except on Friday night. But even then, I dropped everyone off at the entrance and found a spot about 2 blocks away. The staff was courteous and friendly, but not exceptional. There was no business center, but the front desk provided good help and also loaned me a laptop, so it wasn't missed too much. All in all, this is a fantastic hotel and location at a great price. Our total cost for 4 nights was only $650. I will definitely recommend One Ocean and look forward to staying hear again.

Sylvan, Texas

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Boneyducks
Reviewed June 28, 2009

One Ocean Resort suffers from a myriad of problems, which seem to stem from poor management, but some of them are not easily reconciled with such finger-pointing. Ignoring the poor service, I just want to share the ambiance of the hotel. The whole place is so cramped, the hallways are narrow, the rooms are a mixture of cheap modern with retro seventies garage sale items. The bathrooms are tiny, the hallways smell of mildew mixed with rotting shrimp or something horrendous, and the elevators had mucus rolling down the mirrors. Normally I would say that is a temporary thing, as a hotel can't control its guests, but this streak of slime was there for quite a while. The elevators are also small and smelly. Following in the theme of the whole hotel, the pool was so small it could have been mistaken for the kiddy pool.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business