“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed for an extended weekend recently and could not have been more pleased. To a person the staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. They made us feel very warm and welcome. The room was on the small side but well appointed and very clean. We did not spend much time in the room other than to sleep. The pool and poolside bar were excellent and access to the beach was easy. I have recommended this hotel to anyone who will listen and will happily return.

Room Tip: I don't know how much extra it costs to get a room with a balcony facing the ocean, but I will c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Pete R, thank you for recommending One Ocean to others following your enjoyable stay. We are glad that we were able to provide your family with warm customer service and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to One Ocean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
New Jersey
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was at this hotel for a wedding. Upon arrival (late, tired!) found that we were given our room keys at the door, very nice to avoid a check in line. I had a very large room on the 8th floor facing south with a terrific view. Yes the bathrooms are a bit small but very well done and really how big a bathroom do you need!? Only room complaint was some sort of mechanical (I guess AC or something like that) noise that was a bit bothersome. Good quality TV and clock radio in room. No in room coffee but since in room coffee is usually horrible I was happy to go to the lobby to get good and free coffee. Room well stocked with food and drink, fill our your customer survey prior to you arrival and your preferences will be taken into account re what snacks/drinks are in your room. I forgot to do this but when I asked at the desk for a particular item it was promptly put in my fridge. Ate breakfast in the hotel twice and was very satisfied. We had the same server twice and I unfortunately do not remember his name(he did once live in NJ and also in Utah) any way he was helpful and put up with our adding people to our tables both mornings. He also got our food to us very quickly on the morning of departure as we were cutting it close as far as travel time to the airport was concerned! All other staff I interacted with were also helpful and friendly. The wedding and reception both took place at the hotel. I cannot speak for the bride but as a guest the experience was terrific. The ceremony was outside but under a canopy so we had the best of both worlds, the sound of waves crashing without the sunburn. The reception was inside but accessible to outside thru 2 doors. Very nice that the doors although small were glass. You know how some reception halls could be in a cave? Just the 2 small glass doors really made a huge difference! I did not get to use the spa but did speak to others who did and they were pleased. I decided not to use a rental car for this trip and part of that decision was the mandatory valet parking fee. While I understand this particular location makes it hard to include self parking I think the mandatory fee is a bit much. I was glad in the end not to have the car for many reasons-you can walk to most anything you would need. CVS, Walgreens, Kmart all close enough to walk if you need sunscreen etc. Also many non chain stores/restaurants/bars with in a 5 min walk. Unless I had other sightseeing planned I would not bother with a rental car if at this location again. In the end the only think that would have made the trip better would had my husband been able to come also!

Room Tip: If you want a view you need to be above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear LeeAnn5, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay at One Ocean Resort. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable resort experience. During your next visit, we encourage you to take advantage of our One Ocean Docents, who will deliver hot coffee or tea to your room each morning. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the second i pulled up to valet my family and i were treated like royalty. Employees make it their job to make you feel relaxed, well taken care of, and all are super friendly. The food delicious and facility itself is top of the line. Its luxurious at blue collar pricing. Pet friendly and not overcrowded. Ill b back for sure.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you, moto429, for your kind words about One Ocean. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay - we hope you will visit with us again soon.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here again while on business. What a great find, right on the beach, but what makes my stay most enjoyable is the customer service provided. The genuine smiles and friendliness of everyone from valet to the room service is impeccable. Other hotels should learn from this hotel. They do it correct, every time.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Ashton B, thank you for choosing to stay at One Ocean again for your business trip. Our guests mean a lot to us, and we are glad that our associates were able to provide you with a great resort experience. We hope to see you again when your business travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.
West Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice location, easy to walk to restaurants and beach is right there. That's where the compliments end. We were not pre-paid but the hotel decided to charge our credit card 5 days prior to our arrival. No explanations for that move. We had an ocean view room but they don't tell you that the windows don't open and the only balconies are the ocean front rooms. Sound proof windows so no ocean sound which they play for you on the room radio. The windows were dirty and maybe that's due to the rain and the sand. Don't know. Valet parking is $20 extra per day. When asked about that, the hotel employee said we can park anywhere we wanted- just not on their property and also be careful about the store owners having you towed. Ok- valet parking it was. There is a $20 per day resort fee which between that and the valet parking the price of your room is an extra $40 per night. We had air conditioning problems and after 2 trips by maintenance it still wasn't working great. They had problems with hot water and explained that an employee forgot to turn the hot water heater back on after maintenance. Not our problem but we did receive a one night deduction in the resort fee- that's one reason they have that fee- so they can give it back to you in case of complaints. One night only is their rule. We did get a 20% discount for one night because of the AC and hot water probelms. Bathroom was small and no ice machine on the floor but they will bring it to you. Good complimentary coffee in am and the staff at the door were very friendly.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean front room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas O
Thank you, Thomas O, for taking the time to voice your concerns about your recent One Ocean visit. The resort and valet fee are explained in our pre-arrival communications. The resort fee is intended to provide guests with custom One Ocean comforts such as a stocked amenity cabinet and use of our Docents - we are glad that we were able to return part of this fee to you as our apology for the resort maintenance issues that you experienced.
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My best friend and I decided to stay here for a girls weekend getaway. It was PERFECT! The entire resort is beautiful, artfully decorated, and incredibly soothing. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful and it is near just about everything you could need such as restaurants, the beach, grocery stores, and pharmacies. I can't wait to book my next trip there and am considering bringing my entire family with me on the next one. This is hands down one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure of staying.

The Spa is DIVINE! If you want a truly relaxing and satisfying stay somewhere, then look no further, this is your place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TDGM77, thank you for sharing your One Ocean experience with us. We are glad to hear that you and your friends had a great time at our resort during your weekend getaway and were able to enjoy our spa. We hope to see you and your family when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was so looking forward to staying here; The lobby is nice; the Azurea Restaurant is wonderful; the beach was fun; BUT!!!!!!!! the room we asked for a King delux with Ocean view; the rooms were small; the bath even smaller; the view was fine BUT the windows to look out to the view were dirty inside! so I stood away from the window to view the view; The bathroom was not that clean hair on the folded towels; toothpaste on mirror and dirty around faucets; and the 8th floor which is the top floor was so noisy from 2 pm thru all night................the staff who services the rooms with ice ect would slam the doors; we were next to the service room ( we did not realize it until later) but the doors on the whole floor slammed all nite; Our bathroom door was SO loud every time you would open and crack the door.......DID NOT like the rooms at all would not stay here again.....then there is the Xtra 50$ onto the bill; then at checkout I voice very nicely a few complaints that I thought the hotel may be interested in ( I did not tell them all of them) but the girl checked me out and did not even say thank you?????? and I was very nice!!!!!!!!!??????? so will not stay here! we paid alot of money to stay here and..... BUT the Azurea Restaurant was wonderful and I would go there again!

Room Tip: ??????????? don't stay near the service room that staff use all day and night; and stay on the n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kingslane, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We pride ourselves on meticulously clean rooms, and are surprised to hear that your bathroom was not spotless upon your arrival. Your resort experience is absolutely not the caliber that our guests have come to expect, and we apologize for any discomfort that you felt during your stay - we assure you that we will look into the matter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!