“"One Ocean" Paradise”

One Ocean Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Super spa, relaxing environs, top notch staff, delicious food. A value for your money, even though expensive. You definitely get what you pay for.....on the beach, close to other restaurants in walking distance, friendly, not pretentious, but upscale and all about service. Rooms are a little small, beds are very comfortable. Every room seems to have a view of the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Karen S, thank you for your review of your recent One Ocean visit. We are glad that you enjoyed our accommodations. We would love to speak with you about our more spacious suites so you are more comfortable during your next stay.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

While traveling for business ( I'm an artist ) and to acquaint myself with the fantastic real estate opportunities in Northeast Florida, I stumbled upon a jewel of a hotel in Atlantic Beach.
While the view from my high floor was spectacular,I was most impressed by the willingness of all the staff to be friendly,willing to help and make me as a single traveler feel at home.
The valet staff while willing to share their knowledge of the area with me they never once crossed the line into being unprofessional. This hotel chain must have a fine raining program indeed!
Maybe they learned from the legendary Marriot chain,who knows?
But if you are travelling alone or with a group on business and are unfamiliar with Jacksonville Florida I highly recommend that you consider One Ocean Resort .

Room Tip: For a great view of the Atlantic, I chose a high floor and was glad I did!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

WilliamPDuffy, thank you for choosing to stay at One Ocean during your business trip. We are glad to hear that our associates were able to provide you with the One Ocean customer experience that has come to be expected of our resort. We hope you'll choose to stay at One Ocean again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4 nights for a business training, and I absolutely loved the place. The decor of the hotel and rooms were stunning. It is not a large hotel, so if feels very boutique, and the service was 5 star! I can not say enouht about the Staff and how wonderful they are. They treat every guest as if they were royality. You pay a $20 resort fee daily, but that gets you so much. your room is stocked with unlimited snacks and beverages all included in the fee, They will even press and iron your clothes for you. Our meetings were held the hotel as well, and they waited on us like kings. The staff kept food and drinks coming all day long, not to mention the wonderful catered meals by the hotel on the deck by the ocean each day. I can't say enough. I read some people thought the resort fee was a ripoff, but I personally thought it was well worth it for all you got. They had a top notch spa, and the location was perfect, right on beautiful Atlantic Beach with plenty of restaurants and bars right across the street. Quaint and cute little area. I would definitely come back here for pleasure. If you are looking for a hotel to host your next business event this is the place, and if you are just looking to have a place to relax on the beach in the Jacksonville area, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kcellst, thank you for your kind words about our resort. We are glad that your group chose One Ocean to host its business training, and that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The day of departure I was walking down the stairs to leave when I had a vivid day dream that my boyfriend would have to drag me out of this hotel by my ankles as I clung to the staircase railing, crying for just one more night in paradise. Luckily I was able to keep it together and force myself into the car. The staff is ridiculously acomadating and friendly. The first night we came back to our room after dinner to find a complimentary bottle of champagn on ice with two wine glasses and a card congratulating us on our five year anaversery. I also forgot that I had to ship an item and when I asked where the printer was they offered to print my shipping label, lend me their packing tape and then mail it for me so I don't have to drive to the post office! The rooms a exactly like the pictures, just gorgeous. For the first time in a long time I was able to fall asleep effortlessly, dream and then wake up before nine without an alarm feeling refreshed and ready for a new day. I hate the real world I want to go back. I miss them.

1  Thank Tammi N

Dear Tammi N, we are delighted to know that we were able to make your five year anniversary special. Our Docents always strive to make guest experiences as smooth, and we are glad that we were able to take care of your item's shipment. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to One Ocean.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

First, I would stay again. Just understand this is not a luxury hotel. Staff is some of the best! Very well trained....and good at their job! Hotel itself is a bit out dated. ( rooms).

With that said, it's location is wonderful if you have little ones. Very easy....pool and beach are steps away. Pool attendant for drinks and lunch.

Azura had a great atmosphere....food was ok.....but, not for the amount you spend. Take advantage of the restaurants just steps from the hotel. Do your research though:)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi abp34360, thank you for taking the time to share your One Ocean experience with us. We are glad to hear that our staff was accommodating during your stay. We would love to tell you more about our upcoming summer Sea Turtle Kids Club, as well as Azurea's new menu that will be debuting soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My company has business meetings at this resort, so this was my third stay. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is...there's always someone to open the door for you, everyone is always smiling, and so friendly and helpful. The doorbell to your room rings, and your docent is there, asking what they can do for you. Food prepared en masse for meetings isn't usually that good, but I've never had anything bad there, even in a buffet. (I love the macerated watermelon and cilantro salad.). The rooms are very tasteful, and the setting is gorgeous, the beach is very soft and powdery. I hope to be able to come back for pleasure sometime, and bring my husband. It's not really a place for kids. I'm dying to try out the spa as well.

Keep up the great work!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear goldeylocks31, thank you for your repeated patronage at One Ocean. We are sorry to hear that the food provided at your meetings does not meet your expectations - we would love to speak with you about our various menu options during your next business meeting at our resort. During your next visit, please inquire about our Sea Turtle Kids Club, our marine biology-based children's program. Here at One Ocean Resort & Spa, we pride ourselves in being able to accommodate a variety of guests and provide a memorable experience for all - and families are no exception.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to meet some close friends at Atlantic Beach, FL. They said that the One Ocean Resort and Spa would be a great place to stay, so I visited their web site and it certainly looked great. I started an Internet search to find a better rate than posted on their website. I searched and searched and finally found the best deal and guess what ?? It was on Trip Advisor. Not only did we get a 10% rate reduction, we were upgraded to a deluxe view king room which gave us a beautiful side view of the beach and ocean. Now to the hotel. When we pulled in, the valet met us and was as nice as I have ever met, but he was not an exception, for we found the entire staff to be the same. Truly outstanding customer service, so this can only speak extremely high of the hotel management. I spoke to the valet for a while and he parked our car right in front of the main entrance for the night. Check in was easy with our reservation, for the valet gave us the key to our room, which was a first for us. The bellman loaded our luggage and we followed him to our room. We understand that the hotel was sold and the new owners did a complete remodel and it certainly showed in our room. Very attractive and clean. Their was a small fridge with water and soft drinks and all you can drink is included with your room. There was a drawer full of snacks from chips to candy bars and they were also included with the room. This was another first for us. The Internet was included, easy to access and worked great. The bed was very comfortable and with the option of goose down pillows. What more can I say, the room was great. They offered to have coffee sent to our room, also included, but the next morning I choose to go downstairs and there was a free coffee bar in the lobby. We met our friends for a couple of hours in the lounge and again the service was great as were the drinks. We didn't have a chance to eat at the hotel, but heard from other guests that the food was very good. No doubt this was the best, first stay, hotel experience that we have had in years and if you visit One Ocean and have only half the experience we did, you will leave very happy !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jimrwells

Thank you, James W, for taking the time to share with us your experience at One Ocean. We are delighted to hear that everything was to your liking during your trip. We invite you and your wife to dine at Azurea the next time that you're in Atlantic Beach - be sure to ask your Docent to arrange your reservation when your travels bring you back to One Ocean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!