“Birthday Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Orange Park, Florida
“Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We arrived three hours before checkin time and were greeted warmly with valet/luggage service and were given a call when our room was ready. This hotel is within walking distance of many good places to eat and drink. We essentially bar hopped all night and stayed in a one block radius of the hotel. Our room was well appointed and comfortable. It was spotless and the bed was comfortable with good linens, many pillows and a down duvet. The bathroom was a bit small but very functional...the mirror backlit which is good for makeup application. The staff is eager to please almost running to catch a door and met all of our requests. The welcome questionnaire that we filled out online only had pepsi products but when asked they will bring coke products to your room. I waited for ten minutes in the lobby for a friend and was aksed twice if I would like a water or coffee or tea etc. In the morning coffee/tea service is complimentary so I hit the service button on the phone and within 15 minutes coffee in a nice silver carafe was delivered with all the fixings a gal could need including cream in a small decanter. I like my coffee strong enough to cut with a knife and this was pretty good quality. Check out was a breeze as we only had an overnight bag and our car was fetched in quick fashion. Overall this hotel is in very good shape, well kept. The only comments we can make are it was very expensive. (sometimes you get what you pay for, smileyface) The hallway was very cold in comparason to the room. We stayed during a big event (Donna Hicken run) happening in the square nearby Sunday morning and they had a band early in the morning. If i were wanting to sleep in that could have been a problem but definitely out of the hotels control. Overall a great experience and would want to go again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you, 4schindogs, for taking the time to share your One Ocean Resort & Spa experience. We are delighted to see that everything was to your liking, and hope that you'll stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I have been taken weekend getaways here every 3-4 months for the last two years. We LOVE this place! They understand what it means to make the "little things" count! The check in people are always wonderful, the bellmen are the BEST and the room itself is STELLAR. They keep it well stocked with supplies and food amenities as well as beautiful ambiance and sounds when you enter. The spa was definitely worth it. We usually get the Couples Heart and Sole massage. It's wonderful and very relaxing. The most relaxation we ever get is at The One Ocean Resort and Spa! We have also gone to the Azurea Restaurant which is located on property and we will DEFINITELY make that our "Go To" restaurant as well! Our Anniversary is tomorrow and I'm excited to say....WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO THE ONE OCEAN TODAY!! Must go! Can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Angela W, we are honored that you and your husband have chosen us as your go-to weekend getaway. We wish you a happy belated
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Top notch service! Refrigerator in all rooms with complimentary soda, water and assorted snacks. Complimentary coffee brought to your room with a wake up call. Beautifully decorated hotel with colors of the sea and sand. The hotel is on Atlantic Beach north of Jacksonville. It has a pool, spa, fitness center (overlooking the ocean), two bars and a restaurant. Special thanks to Hugh the amazing bartender in the lobby bar. He truly has a passion for his work and makes each customer feel special by calling them by their name. Very impressive! Finally restaurants and shops are a very quick walk from the hotel. I plan to come back to this special place with my family,

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you, Debbie898, for your kind words about our resort. One Ocean is located in a wonderful area, and we are glad that you were able to enjoy not only what our resort has to offer, but the city of Atlantic Beach as well. We look forward to your next visit with your family - be sure to ask us about our Sea Turtle Kid's Club for any young guests that might be joining us.
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am sitting at One Ocean Resort right now and I have never been so impressed. I have actually never gone out of my way to write a review for anything and I couldn't leave here without doing so.

My husband is here for a work conference and I have tagged along to enjoy a mini beach vacation. From moment one we have been met with outstanding customer service. The car-side check in was an amazing treat after having a five hour drive that ended late at night. The staff was kind and attentive and they gave us our key immediately and offered to bring our things to our room.
I was immediately impressed by the staff and then floored by the decor. So much attention to detail! It was beautiful and walking through the lobby and making our way to our room made me immediately happy and excited to see the rest of the property.
My husband called for a wake-up call and the desk offered to bring coffee up shortly after. My husband answered the phone for the wake-up call and was pleasantly surprised at the calm and pleasant voice of the person on the other end. Ten minutes later we were greeted by a very friendly person delivering a carafe of hot coffee. I was extra-happy when I woke up a couple of hours later and the coffee was still hot for me.
My husband spent the day in a conference and I spent the day exploring the town, the hotel and the beach. I had a delightful doze by the pool next to the ocean. The pool furniture is FABULOUS. Incredibly comfortable and luxurious. The beach access is right near by and it is beautiful. Around 530 we had a knock at the door and were surprised to be met with our docent who explained his role and the services he offered. My husband and I were in the middle of discussing his rumpled suit so I was holding it. The docent noticed this and offered to have it steamed. He also offered to have my husband's shoes shined. My husband had a mishap at the event we were at immediately before our trip to Jacksonville and his shoe needed repair. The docent took it, drove it off site to have it repaired at no charge (above the cost of the repair of course). At the end of the day I joined my husband for a cocktail hour and dinner provided by the hotel. The staff all went out of their way to check on our group and smile at everyone. Dinner was a special treat. Everything was delectable and the dishes were all served with beautiful presentation. The staff was so well trained, coordinated and plentiful that all of the dishes were served almost instantly, our glasses were never empty and there wasn't an empty plate to look at for more than a moment.
This morning, we were greeted with another friendly voice and a lovely coffee delivery. I was also contacted by the person on duty to update me about my husband's shoes. We did not want to charge the repair to the room as it was paid for by the organization, and they were very accommodating (we ALWAYS have trouble with other hotels charging things to our room and then not letting us pay with cash or check and insisting that the charges need to be on the credit card that paid for the room. We usually end up not taking advantage of hotel amenities because of this). They also made a note in our portfolio to ask us how we wanted things charged in the event of any incidentals. This seems reasonable, but this flexibility and common sense has not been our experience elsewhere and it was seamless and wonderful here.
The entire conference has been abuzz with how attentive and wonderful the staff has been. Most of the people we talked to are frequent flyers at these kinds of places and have stayed at the star/diamond equivalent of resorts and hotels all over the world. No one can get over the level of customer service.
We have one more night here and I do hope to take advantage of the ocean front spa. I will certainly be sad to return to real life. I have not enjoyed a stay more than I have enjoyed my time at Ocean One.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear DNMSEAY, thank you for taking the time to share your One Ocean Resort & Spa experience. We are delighted to hear that every element of your stay surpassed expectations, and that our Docents were able to provide you and your husband with the top-notch personalized service that has come to be expected of One Ocean. We look to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled a lot and this is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Nothing was too much to ask of the staff. They pamper you from the second you arrive. They brought us free coffee to drink as we watched the sun rise from our balcony. The snacks and all amenities were wonderful and constantly replenished. Breakfast at the restaurant was relaxing and delicious with a beautiful ocean view. The spa was indulgent and spectacular. The view was amazing and all if the treatments were wonderful as well. I can't wait to return!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lanie P, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you, Teresa_in_DC, for sharing your visit with us. We are glad to hear that our Docents were accommodating of your needs, and that you were able to enjoy a beautiful Atlantic Beach sunrise comfortably. Our staff always strives to provide guests with the ultimate relaxing experience, and we are happy that everything was to your liking.
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

What a Beautiful facility with VERY Nice team members. We've never stayed at this resort and found it by accident. Great stay.
Go see Hugh at the bar and learn something. :-)
Lots of very nice restaurants and shops surrounding the resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, gamesray. We are glad that you made the decision to visit our resort. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently attended a Vistakon dinner event at One Ocean and was extremely impressed with the food and service. The staff were all excellent. I also met Lanie who was an absolute pleasure. I would definitely recommend any company event. They have plenty of private rooms for breakouts, indoor fine dining, and an outdoor dinner area that is perfect for happy hour or casual dining.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, jimmybuzz, for taking the time to share your positive dining experience at One Ocean. We look forward to seeing you again during a future meal or gathering.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,442 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!