“Incredible customer service and more”

One Ocean Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Incredible customer service and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am sitting at One Ocean Resort right now and I have never been so impressed. I have actually never gone out of my way to write a review for anything and I couldn't leave here without doing so.

My husband is here for a work conference and I have tagged along to enjoy a mini beach vacation. From moment one we have been met with outstanding customer service. The car-side check in was an amazing treat after having a five hour drive that ended late at night. The staff was kind and attentive and they gave us our key immediately and offered to bring our things to our room.
I was immediately impressed by the staff and then floored by the decor. So much attention to detail! It was beautiful and walking through the lobby and making our way to our room made me immediately happy and excited to see the rest of the property.
My husband called for a wake-up call and the desk offered to bring coffee up shortly after. My husband answered the phone for the wake-up call and was pleasantly surprised at the calm and pleasant voice of the person on the other end. Ten minutes later we were greeted by a very friendly person delivering a carafe of hot coffee. I was extra-happy when I woke up a couple of hours later and the coffee was still hot for me.
My husband spent the day in a conference and I spent the day exploring the town, the hotel and the beach. I had a delightful doze by the pool next to the ocean. The pool furniture is FABULOUS. Incredibly comfortable and luxurious. The beach access is right near by and it is beautiful. Around 530 we had a knock at the door and were surprised to be met with our docent who explained his role and the services he offered. My husband and I were in the middle of discussing his rumpled suit so I was holding it. The docent noticed this and offered to have it steamed. He also offered to have my husband's shoes shined. My husband had a mishap at the event we were at immediately before our trip to Jacksonville and his shoe needed repair. The docent took it, drove it off site to have it repaired at no charge (above the cost of the repair of course). At the end of the day I joined my husband for a cocktail hour and dinner provided by the hotel. The staff all went out of their way to check on our group and smile at everyone. Dinner was a special treat. Everything was delectable and the dishes were all served with beautiful presentation. The staff was so well trained, coordinated and plentiful that all of the dishes were served almost instantly, our glasses were never empty and there wasn't an empty plate to look at for more than a moment.
This morning, we were greeted with another friendly voice and a lovely coffee delivery. I was also contacted by the person on duty to update me about my husband's shoes. We did not want to charge the repair to the room as it was paid for by the organization, and they were very accommodating (we ALWAYS have trouble with other hotels charging things to our room and then not letting us pay with cash or check and insisting that the charges need to be on the credit card that paid for the room. We usually end up not taking advantage of hotel amenities because of this). They also made a note in our portfolio to ask us how we wanted things charged in the event of any incidentals. This seems reasonable, but this flexibility and common sense has not been our experience elsewhere and it was seamless and wonderful here.
The entire conference has been abuzz with how attentive and wonderful the staff has been. Most of the people we talked to are frequent flyers at these kinds of places and have stayed at the star/diamond equivalent of resorts and hotels all over the world. No one can get over the level of customer service.
We have one more night here and I do hope to take advantage of the ocean front spa. I will certainly be sad to return to real life. I have not enjoyed a stay more than I have enjoyed my time at Ocean One.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear DNMSEAY, thank you for taking the time to share your One Ocean Resort & Spa experience. We are delighted to hear that every element of your stay surpassed expectations, and that our Docents were able to provide you and your husband with the top-notch personalized service that has come to be expected of One Ocean. We look to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled a lot and this is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Nothing was too much to ask of the staff. They pamper you from the second you arrive. They brought us free coffee to drink as we watched the sun rise from our balcony. The snacks and all amenities were wonderful and constantly replenished. Breakfast at the restaurant was relaxing and delicious with a beautiful ocean view. The spa was indulgent and spectacular. The view was amazing and all if the treatments were wonderful as well. I can't wait to return!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lanie P, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you, Teresa_in_DC, for sharing your visit with us. We are glad to hear that our Docents were accommodating of your needs, and that you were able to enjoy a beautiful Atlantic Beach sunrise comfortably. Our staff always strives to provide guests with the ultimate relaxing experience, and we are happy that everything was to your liking.
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

What a Beautiful facility with VERY Nice team members. We've never stayed at this resort and found it by accident. Great stay.
Go see Hugh at the bar and learn something. :-)
Lots of very nice restaurants and shops surrounding the resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, gamesray. We are glad that you made the decision to visit our resort. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Atlantic Beach.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently attended a Vistakon dinner event at One Ocean and was extremely impressed with the food and service. The staff were all excellent. I also met Lanie who was an absolute pleasure. I would definitely recommend any company event. They have plenty of private rooms for breakouts, indoor fine dining, and an outdoor dinner area that is perfect for happy hour or casual dining.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, jimmybuzz, for taking the time to share your positive dining experience at One Ocean. We look forward to seeing you again during a future meal or gathering.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I lived in Atlantic Beach and now, I live in Jacksonville. When I have friends come in town, this is the hotel that I send them to. It is immaculate. I love going to the restaurant and bar. The food and wine are excellent. The service is top notch. There is a manager at the hotel named Lanie Price that always makes sure that my friends are taken care of.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia V
Dear Cynthia V, thank you for your kind words about our resort. We always appreciate the power of word-of-mouth are delighted to hear that you recommend One Ocean to your visiting guests.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Frankly, that's the first word that comes to mind to describe this Resort and Spa! From the moment we arrived and was greeted by the friendly, polite, and very accomodating valet, until the moment we departed with the same! With the seamless check in, we were handed our room key & headed directly to our room without even having to stop at the front desk! Upon entering the room, we were greeted by a Docent who showed us where everything was and proceeded to get our ice. Yes, they don't even let you get your own ice! Our room was breathtaking! When I arrived at the front desk of the Spa for my massage, I was greeted by the Spa Director Beverly. She was gracious enough to show me around the Facility and introduce me to my massage therapist Alisha. Had an 80 minute massage that was undescribable!! Can't say enough about how her massage completely removed all my stress - it truly helped me to enjoy the entire remander of my stay!

Room Tip: Although we didn't choose the best room, we had an absolutely wonderful view of the beautiful be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SileshiMengiste, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Cindy S, thank you for sharing your recent experience at One Ocean Resort & Spa. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and service, and are glad to hear that we were able to make your visit as relaxing as possible.
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed here 4 or 5 times and each time I feel special. Great beach. The decor is very soothing and the staff is great. I love it prominity to the quaint shop and restaurants. Staff was very attentive and always available.

Room Tip: Get the beach front
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Dale B. Our resort always tries to make each guest experience special, and it is nice to know that our staff is upholding the standards that we at One Ocean pride ourselves on. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,414 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!