“STAFF ARE GREAT BUT BATHROOMS ARE TINY.”

One Ocean Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Rooms are small and all are the same size. Bathrooms are tiny ~ 2 people cannot use at same time. The staff, particularly the docents, are marvelous and at your beckoned call. Restaurant Azurea is great and Chef Nate is superb. His tasting menu was one of the best we have ever had. The only drawback is they did not have enough sun umbrellas at the pool or around the patio outside the restaurant. They said they were on order but had not arrived. Why not go to one the large stores and buy a dozen umbrellas so that your guests can sit outside and enjoy the great weather. There is a charge of $35.00 for beach chairs for a bull day, $17.50 for half day and and $15.00 for an umbrellas ~ I don't think they should charge.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed May 29, 2011

My husband and I visited this hotel for 3 days while on a business trip in Jacksonville. My husband had business meetings downtown, and decided to bring the family along for a mini vacation. Wow! This hotel was top notch! We arrived at night, it was lit up, beautiful, and as we drove around through the valet, with the warm breezes, palm trees swaying and waves crashing in the background, we thought we were in paradise! Inside, the hotel decor is stunning, very spa like. Doorman, bellhop, front receptionist, at our every beck and call. 2 mins after the bellhop dropped us off at our room, our personal docent arrived to explain her services (which are included in the $25 daily resort fee): shoe shining, ironing/steaming of clothes, hot coffee/tea service, snack bar and soda refills in your personal fridge, hotel reservations, personal errand running, you name it! The next morning, my husband headed into downtown at 8am, no traffic whatsoever (at least to our dc standards) and the kids and I walked straight down to the beautiful, seemingly private beach and played for hours. We passed through the beautiful outdoor pool area, complete with cushioned lawn chairs appearing to be straight out of a Frontgate catalogue. You could also order complete lunch and drink service right at the pool. After beach play, we came back to our room to clean up, and then walked the beautiful little towns of Atlantic and Neptune beaches. Lots of locally owned seafood, American fare, pizza restaurants with a few boutique and coffee/ice cream shops in between. A few bars, and a little shop to buy necessary beach items (toys, sunblock, etc.) I was extremely impressed with every aspect of this hotel and did not want to come home, and cannot wait to go back! For such a "ritzy" hotel, they were very accommodating of my two children ages 2 and 4. They also have a children's center where you can have nanny service for a full day ($85), half day ($55) or partial day for spa treatment ($35) They have books, toys, tvs, art projects, bedtime stories, etc. They even have day camp activities for an entire week if you wish!

Room Tip: water view is a
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wheninroam05
Reviewed May 20, 2011

we stayed here for a girls weekend and absolutely loved it. after reading reviews online, i was nervous i might feel ripped off. i definitely don't and can't wait to come back with husband!

-the hotel and hotel rooms are absolutely beautiful; we loved to soft aquas and blues and trendy decor
-we had an awesome view with balcony directly overlooking the beach
-the beds are amazing
-the valet and check in process was super smooth. but, unless you find a parking space on the street somewhere you are forced to valet park at $15/day
-the pool area was beautiful and we loved the cushioned lounge chairs; a friend stated she felt "like she was in the french riviera."
-you have to pay for lounge chairs on the beach, but they are free at the pool.
-there are at least a dozen restaurants within 3 blocks of the restaurant
-the fridge was pretty big so we were able to fit lots of fruit, snacks, and drinks we brought from home
-there is a $25 resort fee, but we enjoyed having unlimited bottled waters and sodas as well as very good coffee and tea brought to our room
-the bathrooms are indeed small, but the shower has two spa shower heads that are wonderful

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hollymgville
Reviewed May 18, 2011

What an amazing resort! It is absolutely beautiful and the service is wonderful. I don't have a negative thing to say. From the valet service to the front desk, to our concierge greeting us as we got off the elevator, it was a real treat. We felt like we were staying at the Ritz. (I've stayed in everything from a Ritz to a Hampton Inn, so I have experience with many levels of hotels). However this one will knock your socks off. You feel like your royalty. The pool is beautiful--clean, well maintained. Great comfy lounge chairs. Lots of cute restaurants in walking distace to the resort. Right on the beach, gorgeous beach! If you're ever in the area this is the ONLY hotel to stay at. You will fall in love with it like I did!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel is a find! The service, food and facilities are outstanding. I was there for a meeting but loved the service, the rooms are beautiful and the resort itself is extremely relaxing. I loved waking up to have breakfast on the patio while viewing the ocean. It was great to have this view and to spend time walking around Atlantic beach at the breaks.

I plan to go back for a visit with my family in the near future and would highly recommend the resort.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My wife made a reservation at this hotel and prepaid for a Oceanfront King with Balcony. We got a bunch of baloney from both American Express and the hotel. Did not have the room. Gave us something that the windows don't even open. Charged me the full price of what we DID NOT GET. Just a bunch of "I'm sorry's" that are worthless. They did NOT fix the problem and as an event planner I would never recommend this place because they did not fix it. I still paid full pop. Had I known I could have stayed somewhere else. TERRIBLE HOTEL!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank webdad
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We only spent one night at this hotel, but had a very nice experience. It's not the cheapest - total (including lodging, taxes, resort fee and parking) was around $250. The resort fee was $25, but that included gym, pool, wi-fi and as many snacks, soda and water we wanted. We ended up ordering each of us four of everything for our flight home. The hotel is right on the water. We booked a oceanfront room, but the views were only from the South (I guess it was written very small it was a south-facing waterview), Beach was very nice in front, with lounge chairs to relax on. Pool was nice and heated and had very comfortable lounge chairs. Wished there were 2 queens instead of 2 doubles. Fitness center was nice - no one was in there when I went down and used. The website showed a really nice kids club, but it wasn't open when we were there - kids were disappointed :(. Great overall stay :)

Room Tip: Received best rate on their website
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#7 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Mayport Inn & Suites
Mayport Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!