“Perfection!”

Azurea at One Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Azurea at One Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfection!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Dinner was superb and beautifully presented; the wine selection was equal to the food. Service was impeccable and the wait staff very professional. We were a party of five adults and enjoyed every moment of our dining experience.

• Visited March 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Deeply disappointing”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We ate breakfast here and it was great so returned for dinner with high expectations. The restaurant has great decor but if it wants to earn a reputation for fine dining it needs to work on a few things service being the first. It was extremely disjointed may be because we had two servers or may be just because it was bad and they need more training. The risotto was over cooked and lacked flavor and the salad I had was uninspired. The serving size of the charcuterie starter would feed the hungriest diner several times over. So much so that it was overwhelming. In summary needs work and overpriced for this level of service. May be why it was so empty!

• Visited March 2012
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“DELICIOUS! Dinner was so good that I went back for breakfast!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Upon my arrival at One Ocean, I called to make reservations at Azurea and they were able to seat me within 45 minutes.

When you near the restaurant, there is a uniquely decorated hallway filled with rocks that appear to be piled into towers. It's almost as if you are walking underwater. The hallway opens into the bar and dining area which continues with the theme of One Ocean. Lots of ocean blues, silver, and sand colors and textures. Very relaxing and upscale without being stuffy.

Even though there was a large cocktail party going on in the bar, the hostess seated me quickly in the far end of the restaurant in one of the semi-circle booths. The party quickly cleared out and it was a very quiet and peaceful dinner. My server was fantastic and offered great insight.

I ordered a house glass of Riesling which was perfect. Soon after the bread service arrived with an excellent selection of breads served with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, roasted garlic, hummus, and a Vermont butter pat dusted with sea salt and chives. YUMMY!

The amuse bouche was pureed mango with cream chese and thai basil which was very delicious.

For my appetizer, I ordered the baked oysters with baby spinach and pernod cream. They were served on top of a bed of coarse ground spices, one of which I didn't care for the odor of especially on the hot plate. I wasn't able to put my finger on what it was but it was reminiscent of an outhouse. Icky! As the plate cooled, the odor fortunately subsided. The oysters themselves were good.

My entree was the herb marinated Florida Mahi-Mahi with tomato and thai basil vinagrette. The fish was fresh and well-seasoned and accompanied by couscous with dried cranberries which was very delicious.

The star of the meal, the creme brulee. BEAUTIFUL presentation that tasted even better along with a cup of coffee.

The following morning, I headed right back down for breakfast. I ate out on the deck which was filled with Florida sunshine and unseasonably warm weather.

Again, my server was attentive. I ordered the Continental which included coffee, fresh squeezed Florida orange juice, and a basket of pastries with that yummy Vermont butter and fruit preserves. The food was delicious and the view was gorgeous.

I can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ablonde1
Wisconsin
“Very Good hotel restaurant”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Got home late from work so decided to go out to eat. Azurea had an opening at a reasonable time so we decided to try it.

The food was excellent! I had the Cast iron seared scallops and my husband had the seafood mixed grill. We also stared with the tuna carpaccio. I normally don't eat scallops, but I thought I would try them and I am glad I did. Everything was very fresh. The crab in the carpaccio was an interesting twist as was the seafood sausage on my husbands dish.

Would definately go back.

boston, ma
“super - food, atmosphere and setting”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Liked it alot when it was Sea Turtle but it is now over the top fabulous. The value for this restaurant is remarkable on all levels.
The food is spectacular. They have a very good chef. The atmosphere is appealing and it's beautifully designed. It's smaller than it's predecessor but with the outside wide oceanfront deck, accommodates more than you expect. It is set right on the beach - and you can eat outside on the gracious deck looking at the sea.
Interior design is gutsy with a definite wow factor atypical of the beach. Hotel is completely redesigned and fun - nothing boring on the walls or with the furnishings.
Restaurant was ideal choice for lunch with associates. The soup selections are a must. Everyone loved their choice. They change the soup menu but you can't go wrong with any choice. Everyone raved about the food, including the 2 New Yorker foodies. I had a butternut squash soup and the fish and chips with spiced fries and malt vinegar. Perfect batter. The fries didn't look like much but they are so dense and flavorful one more would have been too much. Batter was really light and the white flavorful fish was cooked perfectly. Six people agreed that it was a great meal and the choices were tantalizing. It's a new favorite.

Visited December 2011