“The PERFECT spot to vibe with nature!!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Enjoy the gorgeous sunsets over Grasshopper Lake
Secluded, cozy, and romantic hand-crafted rustic cabin in the Ocala National Forest near Orlando Open great room with high ceilings and wood-burning stove/fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Enjoy the gorgeous sunsets over Grasshopper Lake
Open great room with high ceilings and wood-burning stove/fireplace
Hand-crafted cedar kitchen
King-size bed with hand-crafted cedar headboard
Firepit in front of the cabin
Back porch with gas grill and firewood
Beware of attack bear!
The view from the living room
Write your novel here!
Come on in to a cozy, warm 'palace in the woods'
SIt on the porch and watch the Sand Cranes
Screened porch with comfy outdoor seating
Follow the grey/red brick road...
Large front porch for relaxing
Shaded by tall sand pines
A view of the cabin from the dock
Out the front door to an 'unpopulated' chain of lakes
Burl-wood coffee table - OK to put your feet up!
Comfortable sitting area in living room
Cypress floors, sand pine walls and ceiling
Cedar litchen with all appliances
Talavera sink in bathroom
Bathroom with full-size tub and shower
Super-comfy bed!
The view from the bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kandi K
“The PERFECT spot to vibe with nature!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Words, pictures, videos - none of it can even come close to sharing our Ocala area experience! You REALLY, REALLY HAVE to do this if you are in the area or going to be looking for something in the area.

For us this was all kind of a nonchalant event that kind of happened. My friend and I were talking about an article or something on FB that someone shared showing & rating the natural springs in Florida. We are beach bums that live in South Florida. I am from Tennessee (like in the back of the woods girl) and she is OBSESSED with bears. No girl, like OBSESSED! Somehow we were looking for a little, cute B&B or something in the area just to do some hiking and maybe a few springs. I found Grasshopper Lodge and INSTANTLY fell in love! It reminded me SO, SO much of where I grew up even though it's over 1000 miles away! Not only did I not know there was ANYTHING like that down here - I had NO CLUE what I was in store for!

David answered all of my questions and gave me suggestions as well. All of the instructions were perfect and Doris was just a little peach! The drive in is a little (ok a LOT) rough and, for us, covered in water. I cannot stress the importance of a SUV/Jeep!!! Oh - and just a heads up - the stove/oven is gas and my friend and I just looked at each other blankly. LOL My grandma always cooked on gas but she had to light it and I never understood that concept AT ALL so I was terrified at first. Turns out - you just (gasp) turn it on! It works just like anything else. I thought that was quite comical although embarrassing!!

The place is amazing! Gorgeous as you could even imagine. Rustic and homey. I immediately felt comfortable. Like I was visiting my dads house. IF you find a need to watch TV there are two flat screen TVs. I think we turned one on once for some background noise but stuck w/music most of the time, which he has an aux adapter to plug your phone/ipod/etc into the stereo system. Usually nature wins out though yanno?

In the area there are some AMAZING things to do. We hiked, went to Juniper and Alexander Springs which I mean you HAVE to do. We canoed through them and saw gators, otters and bears! We even swam with an otter in the swimming area of Alexander Springs (my favorite of the two). Beware! The water is FREEEEEZING but soo, sooo worth it! Clearest water I've EVER seen!

So I guess what I'm saying is - I love it! I plan to go back in a few months w/more friends.

Date of stay: August 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet and private.
Liked least: That I had to leave!?!?
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
Oct 29, 2015
Thanks Kandi! Loved your journal entry, Facebook photos, and YouTube video, too! You've definitely got the joy! Come back soon!
cptahab67...
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Getaway”
Reviewed August 9, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

A great place to get away from it all! Didn't see another human being our entire stay. The peace and quiet were great and the campfire evening was excellent. Will certainly be back!

Date of stay: August 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Joanne J
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“almost broke my heart to leave this place!”
Reviewed August 5, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I cannot sing the praises of Grasshopper lodge enough. I felt at home, I wanted find a way to make it mine, I wanted to stay there until, I was down to my last grain of rice. in short.......
I LOVED IT!!!! as welcoming as staying in your best friends home. I plan on making this a yearly event, no doubt!!

Date of stay: July 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the lovely view from the living room
Liked least: capsizing the kayak (totally my lack of skills!)
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing