“Peaceful and beautiful”

St. Johns River Tours, Inc. - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Astor
More attraction details
Owner description: Depart from historic Astor, Florida at the Blackwater Inn for a leisure boat tour to the many tributaries of the St. Johns River. Where you will experience exotic plant and wildlife steeped in history dating back to ancient Indian and Spanish civilizations. On your St. Johns River eco tour you will experience a variety of wildlife, alligators, bald eagles, manatees, and plant life, air plants, ferns and large cypress trees.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Captain Josh was our tour guide and he was funny and knowledgeable. He told the most interesting stories regarding the history of the river and its flora and fauna. Josh also answered all of our questions thoughtfully. This tour goes into Ocala National Forest and up to Lake George. Josh had a keen eye for spotting the alligators and other wildlife. It was a peaceful and perfect afternoon for me. If I ever get back to Florida in November, I will do this tour again to see the beautiful color on the leaves.

All reviews
"flora and fauna"
in 9 reviews
"river tour"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this cruise"
"bird life"
"different species"
"excellent tour"
"his knowledge"
in 5 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed December 10, 2013

about 90 min from Orlando and what a great find. Capt Ernie was fantastic. Very knoweldgeable, friendly, and shared all with us as he took us on a 2 hr. trip that took us through the Ocala National Forest to Lake George. Along the way we saw tons of Gators of all sizes and more Turtles then you could shake a stick at.................Capt Ernie gets right in close to them so bring your camera. Many different birds. We saw 3 Bald Eagles, Blue Herons, Comarants, and even a few humans..............................all in all, a very enjoyable trip. Thanks Capt Ernie Brundage for making our day. And if you stay off I-4 and go the local roads, you see The Real Florida.

Danny Kelly
Drexel Hill,Pa.

1  Thank dan k
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I enjoyed a 2-hour late-fall tour (November) with my AAA Day Trip group from The Villages. Capt. Ernie clearly possesses a deep passion and love for the river and its surroundings, which is reflected in his commentary as he glides his tour boat along the lovely and silent St. Johns.

I was impressed with his knowledge about the flora and fauna of the area, its history and culture, as well as his involvement in ecological preservation. This was not a canned spiel, rather articulate commentary geared toward my group's questions and interests.

Highly recommended if you want a sense of Old Florida, and the state's unspoiled natural beauty from the perspective of a true native, and a well-educated and personable speaker. I will be back for a Spring version of this tour.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Wednesday 1:00pm tour. Had a wonderful time--lots of historical info for my dad, husband, and I with tons of stuff for my three young children to see. We will DEFINITELY come again!!!