“True Florida Beauty”

St. Johns River Tours, Inc. - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Astor
More attraction details
Owner description: Depart from historic Astor, Florida at the Blackwater Inn for a leisure boat tour to the many tributaries of the St. Johns River. Where you will experience exotic plant and wildlife steeped in history dating back to ancient Indian and Spanish civilizations. On your St. Johns River eco tour you will experience a variety of wildlife, alligators, bald eagles, manatees, and plant life, air plants, ferns and large cypress trees.
Summerfield
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“True Florida Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you want to see the quiet beauty of Florida, you should not miss this tour. It heads down the river (it flows North) to Lake George and returns through one of the most serene byways I have ever enjoyed back to the St Johns and port. Two hours of enjoyment and education by a native Floridian, Capt. Ernie. Your out of state guests will enjoy the day also. One of the nice things is the freedom to move about the 20 seat covered pontoon boat.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at St. Johns River Tours, Inc. - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for such a positive review, I’m so glad you enjoyed your tour. Any time I can show people the river and area I love gives me great pride
Again thank you,

Astor, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow your relatives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I am a local and I had realtives from Arizonia,what to do!! WE went on the St Johns River Tours,Inc. What a Great time it was National Geographics up close and personal.My niece 17 and just graduated from H.S. was fascinated as was the rest of us.Capt. Ernie was extremely knowedgable of the history,wildlife and vegetation. Gators,turtles,manatee,ospry,vulures,eagles,blue and white herons all there for the camera ,what fabulous memories. It is a grand laid back ride into history, nature and what old Florida is all about.We will do it again with the next batch of relatives, who needs the theme parks that try to recreate this!!! Here we have the REAL thing

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Margaret Peggy C
It gives me great pleasure to guide my tours on the St. Johns River and have everyone experience the true Florida that I love. I’m happy your relatives enjoyed the tour and thank you for your review
Please come back again,
West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Great Family Day Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This trip on the St. Johns took our breath away. Not your Disney World type attraction- see what Old Florida is really like. Bring you camera because you won't believe the opportunites to see wildlife up close. We saw a huge gator and got some- once of a life time photo's! The kids went bananas when we could almost touch the manatees. The birds and trees were amazing!

The boat was in new condition and quite comfortable. Captain Ernie is a very experienced boat captain who knew the whole history of how the St. Johns River influenced the early history of Florida. We felt safe and enjoyed the whole tour. During a time when we are watching where every dollar is spent- this was one of those experiences that was really worth it!

After we got off the boat- walking to the car- my wife and I turned to each other and both said "When can we go AGAIN"?

Visited April 2012
Capt-ernie-b, Owner at St. Johns River Tours, Inc. - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
So many people visit Florida and do not experience the real culture and nature of Florida. It was my pleasure to show your family St. Johns River in Astor. It’s a special place here in the Ocala National Forest, untouched and pristine.
Please come again and thank you for your review