“From Kitsch to Antique Chic - this place has it all!”

The Arcadia Opera House
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Arcadia
More attraction details
Owner description: The Arcadia Opera House, built in 1906, is a museum and enormous antique shop. It houses an amazing collection of historical items and the theater is in near original condition. Several paranormal investigations have taken place there and the Opera House is a well know haunted location.
Lehigh Acres, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“From Kitsch to Antique Chic - this place has it all!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

West Oak Street in Arcadia - You can almost imagine the horse drawn carriages driving down the road and ladies in bustled dresses strolling down the arcade to purchase some sundries or stopping by the Tea House for a spot of tea! There's just something about this place that brings you back to another time.

The same is true for the Arcadia Opera House. I could spend an entire day just browsing thru all of the unique items and themed rooms. Sometimes it feels like you've been here before - almost like you're at your grandma's house. I bet you'll even see some things that dear old Grandma had. So much fun! This is not a place you'll want to rush through. Owners are friendly and make themselves available to you.

There are 2 very steep stairways to get to the Opera house - just so you're prepared.
By the way, if you walk into a room and the temperature drops a bit - don't worry, apparently there are some spirits that love Opera House - and so will you!

PS Try the Italian Restaurant across the street. EXCELLENT home made food and great prices! They're open late - even after they roll up the sidewalks in Arcadia!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Snuzin

Port Charlotte, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Opera House Lifting the veil to the other side”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My team The Southwest Florida Paranormal Researchers have been investigating the Opera House for reported paranormal activity since June of 2008. We have experienced being touched by spirits, we have seen shadow figures, recorded temperature drops from 87 to 69 degrees, we have recorded on video and digital audio numerous EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) and have even been called by name. We believe that there are multiple spirits adult male and female as well as children who are capable of interacting with the living. When visiting the Opera House please be respectful of the other side and we are sure they will do the same for you! Enjoy the experience!

Visited February 2012
5 Thank Leigh N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a great bunch of stuff!!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I visited the opera hall in Feb of this year. What a great Bunch of stuff for sale and on display. I went back several times that month and found new stuff every time. Owner and staff were always friendly

3 Thank nhjunque4u
Bonita Springs, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“An excellent and interesting place”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I visited the Old Opera House on Saturday, June 18. If you're not careful, you'll walk right past it. Go up the stairs and step back into the 1900's instantly. I wandered through the rooms full of interesting antiques. The creaky wood floors, the smell of old... I didn't want to leave. I wanted to look at everything. I went into the main room, where the opera stage is. I asked James for permission to go up on the stage- I wasn't sure visitors were allowed. He granted permission and there, up on that stage, was another world. Filled with props and trinkets and old stage lighting and cameras.. and tucked away in a corner was a wall where those who performed at the Opera House, left their signatures and the performances they were in.
I spoke with James, briefly, about Naples, FL. He is very kind and welcoming.

Arcadia is full of surprises and beautiful architecture. Go. And on every 4th Saturday of each month is an Antiques Fair. You will NOT be disappointed.

Visited June 2011
9 Thank travelingfatso
maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fabulous Finds!”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

If you're looking for the out of the ordinary and can't find it anywhere, go to the Opera House in Arcadia. It has the best eclectic, fun, diverse selection of whatnots and doodads around. My husband and I had a wonderful time browsing the many rooms and laughing, sharing memories when we came across an old piece of our history. We bought several items and plan to go back for more! The manager was not only knowledgable and helpful but had a great sense of humor. We'll definitely be back to find some more treasures for our new house!

7 Thank thgi