“Amimals”

Lions, Tigers & Bears
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Arcadia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went right after seeing the tigers at a craft show in North Port. Loved looking at the wild life. Had no idea we had this here in Fl.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were there some months back and found it a pleasueable afternoon. they do god work and have a friendly staff.

1  Thank Erik H
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Although its plain to see money is tight, all the animals had fresh water and looked well fed. Plenty of fresh looking fruit and veggies in sight when I was there.
I loved the out of way place where the animals have peace and quiet. I enjoyed the cow path trail going in and the loose chickens roaming freely about.
Thank God these good people do there best with very limited funds.
I suggest a visit and a tip for the care of the animals.
I thought $10.00 per person was cheap. They have to make money to feed the animals.
No one wants to see caged animals but as long as humans try to make pets of wild animals we will need places like this.
I say Bravo to the owners for the job they do!

1  Thank helen m
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The lady on the phone was warm and recptive but when I got close I had to drive through the cow field to get there (Arcadia location) and then there was nowhere to really park. It looked like someones yard with chickens roaming around. We were given a tour that lasted about 20 or so minutes to see animals that were in cages that didn't look too sturdy while the lion paced back and forth (tour guide was also the hand that fed the animals) and roaring impatiently at us. Morning was recommended but most animals were laying in igloos sleeping. I thougth 20 bucks was too much for such a very short time. No trails available, no gift shop, rushed around and sent on our way.

8  Thank just m
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Sanctuary services for wild animals, many of which have had to be taken in after the incompetence of people, mostly buying unsuitable 'pets' and not doing any/enough research.

These dumb creatures have thereby spoiled the aniamls for the wild and often for domestic life as well. The work here mops up some of the mess made by people.

Lions, tigers, a black bear and many smaller animals are kept here, by caring folk who could do with more resources just to keep doing what they do.

1  Thank ChampChump7bc