“Great breakfast!”

Wheeler's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 10, 2012

WAS REAL BUSY yet service was fast with plenty of good coffee.Fresh pie's and deserts keep that sweet tooth busy!Real enjoyable!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Thanks to Jamie's review, we stopped here driving between Orlando and Ft. Myers for a slice of peanutbutter pie to go. They have chocolate and vanilla versions. We got the chocolate and it was awesome. We also got a slice of pecan pie and that was great too. We were leery as pecan pie can be over the top sweet and this wasn't, it was perfect. Had both on a picnic table at the beach watching the sun set, with jazz in the air from a nearby wedding. Maybe that made it all the better.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent last Saturday in this town, and finished off a perfect day with the perfect meal at Wheelers. Our friend and local antique store owner joined us for dinner. When I first walked in I was taken aback....then to find that the restrooms were located outside and around the corner YIKES.
Rest assured your are not going home hungry or disappointed. We all had the rib eye, and a fried corn to die for, the dessert are also over the top.
If your lucky, the Chef might have some time, he joined us and we chatted away enjoying Arcadia, FL stories.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is a step back in time. Food is like grandma's cooking and with that said you can expect comfort food. There is a set menu plus numerous daily specials. My husband ordered the chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. He got 1/2 a chicken which he said was very tasty. I got the tuna salad plate which consisted of canned tuna salad setved on a bed of lettuce with fresh fruit on the side. No surprises with my meal. My two sides were fried okra and turnip greens. Enjoyed eating them. We had 2 ice teas and our bill was around $18 without tip.

1  Thank traveldiane54
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stopped by this cafe while antiquing in Arcadia, knowing we were hungry and left with no other options as it's a one-horse town and the only other diner/deli wasn't open (at 3 p.m. on a weekday?). We decided to go with the peanut butter pie since the sign outside said it was "world famous." I have to agree! It was sweet, savory, and delectable.

When we walked in there was a baby sitting on top of the counter in her bouncy seat and there was a sign on the wall about America needing prayer. I'll admit I was hesitant to take a seat... but the food was great and the atmosphere, though definitely different than what I'm used to in the big city, was quaint. Will definitely stop in again next time I'm in Arcadia for another slice of pie and maybe one of those BLTs that I saw another patron order.

2  Thank jaimehounddog