“Smoke smell bad” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Apopka
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Smoke smell bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed two nights arrived late and was taken to a non smoking room, that, when the door was opened the smell knocked me over. I requested another room and that one was not as bad but
it still had the smoke smell. We even noticed it on our clothes when we came home. The room was OK but the smell was bad. The carpet needed cleaning and the curtains on the windows were in need of replacement. Will not go back and would not recommend. Stayed 2/7/13 and 2/8/13. Ok for a couple of guys or single guy, not recommended for a family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Verne F
RodwayApopka, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay with us. I appreciate that you took the time to give us and others feedback on our property. As I noted in an earlier response the carpets have been professionally cleaned and will continue to be done on a regular basis based on yours and others helpful responses. As far as the smoke smell I can surely relate and I would probably have had the same reaction. I do apologize you encountered this problem during your stay. Cleaning the carpets has helped with this issue as well as the introduction of some new procedures added to our daily housekeeping routines to address the smoke smell. This is not a problem in all of our rooms, however, I do see that it needs addressed and I thank you for helping bring this to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We chose Apopka as our location as we wanted to be out of Orlando but near Mt. Dora.
Read the reviews and booked a room for three nights
Plusses: Clean linen. Has small refrigerator,freezer and microwave in room
Staff was friendly and their recommendation for nearby restaurants were great picks.
Clean room, No bugs. Each room has their own entry from the outside
Negatives: The carpet was dirty and the tile floors near the bathroom was slippery.
Walls are thin between rooms.
Neutral: Breakfast was cold cereal, fresh fruit, coffee and juices.
Small outdoor pool- we didn't use it as we didn't get back to our rooms till late
afternoon
Of note, there is a shooting range next door but this didn't have any impact with our stay.
The inn was convenient in terms of location. We went to Renningers Antique market and enjoyed the springs and wildlife at the nearby state parks.
The manager recommended the Catfish House the first night we arrived and it was a great place to eat.
The thin walls made the first night unpleasant as our neighbors had their TV on and loud conversation well past 3am. We called the front desk and the room became quiet within 15 minutes of the call.
The second night stay was quieter but about 8am a woman was yelling about someone taking her phone and then began using foul language. The manager had that person escorted off the premises.
The Inn can't control the behavior of their guests but they handled the issues that arose quickly.
Most guests were quiet.
The water has a lot of chlorine taste to it (we are used to well water)
There was a Bravo and Publix within a few miles of the inn. We noticed Walgreens and CVS near by in our travels as well.
It was okay for a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
RodwayApopka, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to get honest customer feedback, both the good and the bad. While I appreciate the compliments it is just as important to me to hear the concerns. Thanks to your review we were able to immediatelty resolve the issue with the carpets and had a professional company come out on Feb.1st to clean all of our rooms. It is my hope that your review will help future guests have a pleasurable experience. I am glad that our staff was also helpful during your stay as customer service is a top priority of ours at Rodeway Inn of Apopka.
miami fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed here on Dec 24th till 26th as a last minute impromptu trip. I paid $60 per night, received a very clean room much to my surprise. I am a stickler for details and couldnt find any dust or mold. We also received a small continental breakfast, free wif, microwave, mini fridgei and HBO. The buildings and rooms are freshly painted so it looks neat and clean. I am very happy with our overall experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roberthaa
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My son and I had RC heli trip to Orlando area. Not the usually quality of a Choicehotel hotel. But, it was fine for our needs. Would not be good for family vacation. If you have a business trip and just need a place to sleep it is fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank larryw4405
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly staff and made to feel right at home. I was in my room quickly, and I was impressed by the cleanliness and the level of comfort [of the room]. The bed was very comfortable, and there were many nice amenities. I was surprised to learn that the hotel has the star rating that it does, as it is definitely on par with a good 3 start hotel. The parking lot and all of the grounds were clean, and as woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers (such as myself), families, or anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay at a good rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MindyeLearningPro
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and it was great. The low rates and people working there were very nice. They have wonderful breakfasts and nice looking rooms. I know for a fact that next time I'm down in Apopka, I am staying at the Rodeway Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank john w
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here for a graduation and it was a great location and the rooms were nice too. Mike at the desk gave us good restaurants and directions so that was helpful. Really enjoyed our short stay and felt like it was a good value and they had a decent continental breakfast. Also the lady Cat was very nice and we felt so welcome.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank bobbie222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apopka
Quality Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area
Comfort Inn International
#123 of 338 in Orlando
4.0 of 5 stars 712 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!