“Excellent pulled pork”

Porkie's Original BBQ
Ranked #3 of 117 Restaurants in Apopka
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I try to get in here at least once every couple of months. It is always good food, and the workers are very friendly. I usually get the pulled pork and either beans or fries. The fries are good, but the baked beans are spectacular. If you like bananas, try the pudding. I have tried the brisket, and it's great, but I have always been more of a pork eater. I don't do ribs so I can't say how they taste, but they sure look and smell good.

The parking lot is small so try to get there at less busy times. Lunch is crowded, but people tend to do a lot of to-go orders and you can usually find a parking spot. You will see lots of police and firefighters at lunch there, a sure sign of good food at reasonable prices.

The portions are good sized and prices are close to or slightly less than 4 Rivers, but you can sure tell the difference in taste between a large corporate giant and a single barbecue master who loves what he does. That love seems to spread out to all the employees because every worker I have met has been very friendly. Not in a weird "I have to be nice or will be fired" way, but in a "I like it here" way.

I guess that is about all I can say for now. I am hungry for barbecue.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Well, I like to try new places but this one didn't stand up. The food was average at best and I actually didn't feel that well afterwards
I can't recommend this one...

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Barbeque is subjective - let's face it - we all have our favorite style. At Porkie's whether it's pulled pork, ribs, chicken, or their award winning brisket, it's all slow cooked over a wood grill and yummy. Lots of homemade sauces to add to suit each individual palate. Inside is your typical no frills dining at tables or the counter. Seating is also available outside. No bad choices here, catering is also available.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Porkie's has really good texture and flavor. Not too fatty or too dry. Really good flavor. Would definitely recommend the restaurant for BBQ lovers.

1  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I had heard good things about this place so we decided to give it a try.

Overall, the food was average to ok in terms of BBQ. We were not overly impressed. We were surprised that the portion sizes seemed to be smaller than we had expected. The "sides" seemed to be a few bites and nothing to really fill one up.

My husband and I might give it another try one day but it is not a place that we were extremely "wowed" by and we were expecting to be amazed after hearing about it by a few people.

2  Thank 990JessicaS990

Been to Porkie's Original BBQ? Share your experiences!