“Florida Should Be Proud of Sonny's”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #38 of 113 Restaurants in Apopka
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Florida Should Be Proud of Sonny's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've been eating at Sonny's since I was in college at the University of Florida in the 1970's. (Back then it was Sonny's Fat Boys, the name changed when the owners divorced and divided it into two different restaurants). The food is reliably good. The salad bar is very good, and I love the baby back ribs and barbecued chicken. I also LOVE the garlic bread. I came to appreciate Sonny's more when I spent a year in a mid-western state. The "best" local barbecue in that area could not compare with Sonny's.

The atmosphere at Sonny's is casual and friendly. They recently started serving beer. (I don't drink so this really doesn't matter to me.) Their ice tea is TOO big; but obviously some people like that. Sonny's can be really busy on weekends. I prefer going for an early dinner during the week.

• Visited September 2012

San Antonio de Pereira, Colombia
“A Real (Occasional) Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Loved the combo BBQ platter (brisket, chicken and ribs), but something I need to stay away from... LOL. The food here is a real treat for me when my wife and I return to the States. Sonny's is a must on my Florida "to-do" list.

Visited August 2012
Clermont, Fl. USA
“Average food depending on location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We go to the Apopka Fl location once a month with a large group. The service is above average for this type of group. the food is usually cold. I have eaten there in small groups and the food is hit and miss but the service always seems to be very good. Other locations are the same way, hit or miss as far as the quality of the food goes.

Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Best BBQ in Apopka”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Part of a chain, this spacious place serves a variety of smoked and wood-fire grilled
entries and sides and has a large salad bar for those who do not want to stuff themselves with succulent baby-back-ribs. pulled pork and other delicacies. Unlike Porkies, which caters to bikers,
this is a very popular family style restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
Apopka, Florida
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We used to eat at least once a week at Sonny's but they dicontinued serving a baked potato so we don't go as often. Their salad bar is really good and the Apopka Sonny's has an awesome staff.

Visited May 2012

Been to Sonny's BBQ? Share your experiences!