“I am a regular customer, that says it all”
Review of Catfish Place

Catfish Place
Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Apopka
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Apopka, Florida
“I am a regular customer, that says it all”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Fried catfish is what it is all about. I never vary. My wife eats the fried shrimp. She never varies. Cole slaw is great, tangy but sweet. I always have the cheese grits because they are like my grandmother's were.

Be assured you will never be served imported seafood here. These are multi generation local folks who just won't do that.

Same wait staff for many years. They stay because they love their jobs and it shows. Can't say that about many low priced restaurants.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bob_Michaels

Orlando
“New Menu - Watch Out - ASK FIRST!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We decided to go to this restaurant since we have been there a couple of time before. The food's not bad, the place is clean and the service is good. This time, a different story, a new menu! First of all - NO PRICES! They just put a number after the meal like "8", "12", etc. Not sure if this in dollars, euros or pesos. So, we assume it's dollars. Historically, when you order an entree, you got two side items, NOPE, not anymore! Only one! So, we ask and the waitress starts dancing! I've always ordered a salad as one of the side items in the past.The waitress starts to tell me what I'm reading on the menu is NOT REALLY what I'm reading. Honey, I really do know the difference between the two words ADD & SUBSTITUTION! To add the salad NOW costs an additional $3.00 for a small side salad, according to the waitress, but the menu says to ADD a salad costs 75 cents. If you order a baked potato, it's $3.50. The waitress is not sure of the prices and if she's not sure, neither are we. So, we paid for the tea and Coke that we ordered and left and dined elsewhere. I did a bit of quick math and I figured that this restaurant is taking a 30% price increase and trying to hide it. I guess in Apopka, math is not their favorite subject. In my humble opinion when you purchase something, food included, you kind of like to know what it's going to cost! NOT HERE, that is until you get the check and a guest should not have to pull out a calculator or "third-degree" a server to find out exactly what the meal is going to cost. What this place should have done, in my opinion, is left the menu and sides alone, increase the prices, if they felt that was appropriate and their restaurant would either sustain the new prices or not. But either way, the menu should be clear, concise and there should be no confusion as to what a guest is going to pay for the meal, it just looks shady, even if done unintenionally!

Visited March 2013
Clermont, Florida
“All you can eat catfish is a bargain”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The fries, hush puppies , fried cabbage, and fried shrimp are just about as good as the fried catfish. The cocktail and tarter sauces were tops and the service a notch above great on a busy Wednesday night. The price was slightly higher than U pay for fried fish but you get more here.

“Good, but no wow”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's a good restaurant. The food is decent. When we went the inside was dreary, not very well lit. Service was mediocre. It wasn't the worst experience, but it didn't wow us for us to return.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great recommendation”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Fried green tomatoes!
The filet with shrimp was very tasty.
My husband had a seafood combo. All the seafood was tender.
Tea-sweet or unsweetened- both were refreshing.
Cat, the manager at the Rodeway Inn recommended this place. It was a great choice.

Visited January 2013

Been to Catfish Place? Share your experiences!