“Great Staff and Food good too”

Back Room Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Back Room Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Apopka
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Welch Rd.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This steakhouse is in a little corner in Apopka off of Rock Springs Rd. The staff was just the right amount of attentive. My filet was just awesome.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Not expensive and always good food. Nice atmosphere and a great place to bring someone special. Definitely would return.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018

I've known Ed, the owner, for several years and I'm somewhat ashamed to say that this was our first visit to Backroom. We will become regulars, although I can see us coming for an appetizer and a salad rather than an entree sometimes. Being that it was our first time, I got my favorite, the NY strip. I got the 10 oz. and it was plenty. The steak wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was very good, and it was cooked perfectly. I go a house salad and mashed potatoes as my two sides. Both were very good.My wife got the salmon and she said it was very good. It was a large cut. We split a chocolate earthquake dessert. That was quite tasty and was a large piece of cake. I cannot imagine one person eating that much of such a rich dessert. The fresh bread and garlicky dip they brought to the table early was very good. We got there early in the evening as it was a last-minute decision to go, but the place was pretty much full by the time we left 90 minutes later. The meal didn't take 90 minutes, but being that we are from Apopka, we saw a couple of people we knew and stopped to talk with them. As far as service goes, it's obvious that Ed has a good group of employees and that they want to do a good job. Our waiter was excellent, but many others stopped by to refill a water glass, pick up a used salad bowl or otherwise offer a service, including Ed, the owner. All in all, it was a very good meal for a fair price, and I promise you, Ed, that we will be back on a regular basis.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Sunday is a great day to give it a try. Prime Rib on the menu. Petite cut is quite adequate and cooked to perfection. Risotto is also a personal fav and done well here. A bit pricey but good portions. We will come back.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Met friends for a celebration where it took us over an hour, but it was really worth it. Started with oysters Rockafeller, a special for the evening and they gave us a big hint that the entrees would be very good--and they were. Ordered were the big NY Strip, the Boneless Ribeye, the Surf and Turf Kabob and the Herb Crusted Pork Chop. Each was cooked perfectly and each was better than the next. Full bar with very good Manhattans and a varied dessert menu. No rush, super service and the owner stopped by a couple of times to make sure all was well. Great place, we'll be back.

Date of visit: June 2018
edwardcH7816ND, Owner at Back Room Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thanks Fred for making the drive. Hope to see you again soon.