Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-Apopka
$93
$98
$88
$77
All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast arearoom was cleanhighly recommend this hotelenjoyed my staywould stay againexcellent staybusiness tripgreat roominnslobbyweddingpillowscleanlinesssofa
Reviewed July 18, 2012

First the good; the hotel is immaculately clean and attractive. This is my only reason to give it 2 stars. The rest of my experience was not good!
I was in charge of booking this hotel for a group of 26 people. A room list was sent and I reconfirmed several times prior to our arrival. One of the guests who was booked for 2 nights was told upon checkin that they did not have a room for him the first night. This was much to my dismay as I had included him for 2 nights on the roomlist. He ended up sharing a room with another person in the group the first night.

Several people in the group called ahead of time to request an early checkin. They were told that they could not be accommdated. However, upon arrival they found out that others just came by early to check in and were able to do so. I guess the answer here is; just do it, don't ask.

We had a very early appointment the first morning, which necessitated leaving the hotel at 5am. I specifically asked the hotel prior to arrival if we could have "to go" breakfast bags ready in the lobby by 5am. I was told the kitchen person does not arrive that early but that they would prepare them the day before. They then asked me to send an email requesting this and also mention this when I checked in. I did both. That morning there were no "to go" bags.

That same morning I attempted to take a shower at 4:30am. The shower faucet did not work, but after some playing around with it I was able to get the water to turn on. However, I could not get it to turn off. I informed the staff that morning at 5am and was informed that as soon as their maintenance person came in they would have it fixed. I came back at 12:30pm. My room had been made up, however the water was still running in the bathtub! Apparently this did not bother the housekeeping staff. When I approched the front desk they acted like they had never been told about the problem. Eventually it was fixed that afternoon.

When I reserved the rooms I sent my Hilton Honors number to the hotel general manager. A week after my stay, I checked my Hilton Honors account. My stay was not credited as they did not input my HH number. Not only that but they also would not give me Hilton Honor event planner points which I have gotten at other Hiton properties when reserving blocks of rooms for business.

At all times the staff was very polite and friendly, however, it almost seemed artificial. I get the feeling that top management is more interested in making a profit than attending to the needs of his customers. Don't get me wrong, I understand making a profit, however, sometimes focusing on the customer and understanding their needs will bring you much more in return.

Needless to say, I will not be using this hotel in the future. I think that I will stay at the Embassy Suites up the road in Altamonte Springs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank kulaniJupiter_FL
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for just one night on the way back home. First thing I noticed was how clean and beautiful it was. The fish tank was awesome.Our room was very comfortable and the front desk people were great. We will stay here many more times on our way through Apopka...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two separate nights, was really impressed with the tasteful decorations, even though the rooms are not big, the space is well designed to be practical and comfortable, bathrooms have a big shower or tub, beds as is most Hampton Inns are usually comfortable. It is newly decorated so everything has the "new feeling"...They even have board games and books for guests to use.The only thing I would improve is breaksfast, it is varied but the quality is not good, juices are not natural, cereals were stale, omelettes were cold, oatmeal was tasteless..If they fix that, the hotel would deserve a 5 star ...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Hampton Inn Apopka, and were delighted with the facilities. As you go to check-in at front desk you cannot help to notice the awesome sight of a 200 hundred saltwater fish tank. Right across from the Saltwater Fish tank there is a sculpture hanging from the ceiling; I don't remember what it was but is related to the ocean. The rest of the building including the floors they carpeted with fairly new carpets. The rooms are equipped with a microwave small refrigerator and a coffee maker. Flat screen TV with HDMI inputs (case you take a laptop with an HDMI output, just run a cable to the back of the TV and watch your favorite movies downloaded from your hard drive. The room was nicely decorated the bed and pillow soft and there were extra pillows in the closet if needed. Breakfast is included in your room rate and it consist of a basic continental breakfast. Not much flare in my opinion, I just went for the orange juice, bananas and a cup of coffee to get started in the morning. The employees were very attentive and always willing to help with any situation or question I had. As a matter of fact the first night checking in the television in my room turn it self on and kept changing at random and no matter what I did with the remote it was not stopping or turning off. The manager came to my rescue and reset the TV and save the day. Overall, I would definitely come back and stay at this nice Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rekon
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights while in town for a soccer tournament. This is a newer property with a very nice lobby area, beautifully decorated. I felt that the rooms were small compared to other Hamptons I have stayed in. One of the reasons I frequently choose Hamptons are because they have comfortable beds and very good pillows. The bed here was not as comfortable as expected but still good. The pillows on the other hand were horrible. When I asked for foam pillows instead I was told that they only have eight foam pillows and they were all being used. This seems unacceptable for a hotel this size.

When our room was cleaned they did not leave any towels. After dinner the room had been stocked with two towels. It was ten pm when I finally went to the front desk to get more.

Three times I tried calling the front desk and no one ever answered the phone. When I would go to the front deal instead more often than not no one was there.

The front desk ran out of quarters which I needed to do laundry, saying all of the kids there for the tournament had used up all the quarters and then suggested I go the gas station to get some.

Overall, the establishment seems grossly understaffed and unprepared to handle a full house. Next time, I will deal with the extra twenty minutes of driving time to the field and stay in one of many hotels in Orlando with dependable customer service.

And don't even get me started on Debbi, the employee that thought it was acceptable to yell at my children in front me. I am waiting to get home to send a letter to the manager about that experience.

• Stayed: May 2012