Wekiwa Springs State Park
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Apopka
More attraction details
Owner description: This 7,000-acre area containing diverse plants and wildlife is also popular for swimming, canoeing, hiking and camping.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I also love watching the manatte's in the cooler months here in Florida. The are called gentle for a good reason. You can also scuba dive in the hot spring. Great picnic area.

2  Thank 1Hoebie

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Well after going to Wekiwa Island last year a friend asked me to join there group at the State Park. I feel in love with it. There caves you can swim through and the PPL are there to have a great time. The water stays cool all year round. It's more family oriented than the Island side. So much to do and see. I went 3 times last week and Probably going tomorrow too. Take your family or just hang out with the guys or girls. You wont regret it. I always bring my own food and make a day of it!

3  Thank jfoliver16
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Possibly the least well signposted State Park in America! But we found it and were glad we had. We rented kayaks and really enjoyed taking them down the river. Its quite 'jungle' like and we saw lots of wildlife including lots of birds, turtles and gators. We drove up from Orlando, and I'm lot sure it was worth the effort... but we did have a good time and it is good to see proper Florida as opposed to just concrete and Theme Parks.

2  Thank Jo2606
Reviewed April 17, 2013

So pretty here. You can swim or ride a boat. Bring your picnic basket. See wildlife such as birds and butterflies.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went with my family over spring break. Peaceful surroundings, but my 4 year old found the water too cold and my 6 year old could only stay in for a little while. Probably would be a better bet in the summer. My husband, however, loved it.

2  Thank m0mmybrain