“Pretty disappointing, but had high hopes”
Review of San Miguel

San Miguel
Ranked #38 of 136 Restaurants in Apopka
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The ground beef burritos were good and ordered by two people. However, one person was surprised the rice and beans came inside the burrito instead of on the plate as described. The draft beer was warm, and more expensive than the bottled beer which is so rare. The spinach quesadilla had frozen spinach not fresh and one of the tortillas tasted a bit raw. The server never asked about the choice of rice or salad which came with it on the menu. Told the server I wanted the salad but never asked me what dressing I wanted and acted like I had to pay extra for something that came with my order. The beef tacos had grease dripping from them. The server kept forgetting our requests and we had to ask more than once and still it took forever. Three meals came and the last took an extra five minutes. The lack of attention was surprising as it wasn't that busy. We got a number of baskets of chips but the sauce was sparse and we had to keep asking for another bowl. Also, why would a salad be served on a hot plate with the entree? Plates way too big for portions too. The prices were high for the amount and quality of food. Wanted it to be great, but just didn't impress. We commented it was a nice atmosphere with welcoming staff so we hope that they correct errors written by reviewers.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I hesitated writing this review. We were very excited to see this place open. We live near by. The food was Very good. Flavorful and plenty of it. Atmosphere is nice & the music creates a wonderful Mexico setting. I gave it a 3 because of the service. We sat there for several minutes before anyone came over. They were at the bar chatting??? We know what poor service can do to a potentially Great place. This place has Great potential! I truly hope that the Owners can work the kinks out. We have given it a couple of months so will give it another try soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This place was recommended to us but we were disappointed. The service was awful, no refills on drinks, wrong order served, drinks from the bar were not served and we had to tell the waiter twice before they came. The spinach quesadilla was bland, no flavor. The burritos were good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

We love Mex and Tex Mex, and we're were looking forward to a nice dinner, well.

Sat down with family around 6:45,
By 7 the server comes by to offer water and take drinks order.
Drinks take about 15 minutes to arrive, and food did not arrive till 8:15.

We were a party of 3 adults and two toddlers.
The food arrived as at different intervals. It took another 5 mins for everyone to have all or meals.
Getting past all rusty; the enchiladas fillings (chicken) was cold, not warm...cold.
I asked to return it and take it off the check. A different server brought another serving, although I asked to return it, but he insisted. I tried it but it was not tasty, the red sauce was just tomato sauce and boring.
The rest of the meals were also boring and not appealing.
My meal was not comped until I asked them to remove it.

We won't be going back and definitely not recommending to friends.

1  Thank Flyfishfla
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We went there fathers day and this was our first time. We waited a couple of minutes to get seated because they were really busy. Got to our booth which was very clean, table and floor. We heard good things about this restaurant we thought we would try it. The service was good and so was the food. Would go back again.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to San Miguel? Share your experiences!