“Stay away from lasagna”

Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Apollo Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Stay away from lasagna”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Made the mistake of a take out lasagna. I can't understand why the staff just leaves the counter after giving them the name/order without saying a word. No status, it will be a few minutes, still in the oven, but nothing. After about five minutes, the lasagna was brought out.

Once home, I discovered the sauce was watery like thin soup. The flavor of the lasagna was bland and tasteless. Much of it made the dog's bowl. She seemed to like it. I just hope she does not have a bad reaction to it.

I believe I will check out other options in the area.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ten1010

Orlando, Florida
“Average.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place has such good reviews I thought it really must be something we had to try. Pulled into the strip plaza parking lot one night and found a small interior unit with San Remo in neon above. Walked up and into the unit but thought we must be in the wrong place based on the reviews. It has small, old worn Formica tables and attached bench seating. You know: the unmovable type. The floor was VCT tile and it also has seen better days. Old drop in ceiling tile. The place had that un-kept look and reminded me of some of the places we would hang out when we were in High School. We could not believe the reviews could be so high for the place as we turned, walked out, and went to Circles.
As time wore on, we kept noticing the reviews so this time called for takeout. Maybe that’s the reason its rating was so high? Nope, no takeout, sorry. Finally a few weeks ago we stopped in and sat at one of the worn tables. No table service (no big surprise here) so we ordered at the counter and found the staff friendly and helpful with the menu. Our order was promptly brought to the table when ready.
The pizza was very good. The draught beer was cold and fresh. Although it was not anyway near the best pizza I've ever had, it was good enough that we will stop back when we’re in this part of town and want a good snack.
It’s too bad they don’t deliver because we would definitely use the service.
Enjoy

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank runner24
Palmetto, Florida
“Pizza is Great and More than Pizza!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Spaghetti, lasagna, garlic knots and salads are also superb at this family owned pizzeria. Enjoy the garlic bread (home made) while your dinner is cooked to order. Have been eating here since last century.
Tucked between a Publix and a dollar store, this hidden gem is worth the drive south from Tampa or north from Sarasota. Perfect place to stop after visiting the Manatee Viewing Center at Big Bend Power Station.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

By the slice or the whole pie, this is one of the best NY style pizza places I have been to, and the best in Apollo Beach! Not much for atmosphere, but if you love great pizza, this is where to find it. Lots of other items on the menu, too!

1 Thank WesCantrell
Apollo Beach, Florida, United States
“Best Pizza in town!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place makes the best Pizza in town. They also make great Garlic rolls and great subs. I have not had a bad meal there in the 9 years I have been eating there. A+ in my book!

Visited July 2012