“Nice restaurant in Apollo Beach”
Review of Circles Waterfront

Circles Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Apollo Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With a fantastic view of the water and superb cuisine, to Circles Waterfront Dining is the perfect place to have a quiet dinner, celebrate a special occasion or have lunch. Our outstanding to Circles Waterfront Dining culinary staff is pleased to offer a delectable variety of dinner entrees, salads and appetizers along with imaginative lunch menus.
“Nice restaurant in Apollo Beach”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'd have to say the nicest restaurant in Apollo Beach. On the water of Bal Harbor, so a nice view- as well as slips to pull your boat into to grab a bite to eat.. Good food, but it seems every time I go here (I live very nearby, so it's been several occasions) the service is always lacking.

Visited April 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Simply outstanding grouper”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My parents recently moved to the “South Shore” area and have been trying out the local restaurants. Circles has become a favorite for them, and during a recent trip to visit them, I was able to see for myself why that is.

The three of us had no dinner reservations, but arrived around 5:30 on a Thursday night. The outside seating area was less than 10% full when we arrived, but full when we left. We had a lovely table with a nice view of the marina. I was torn between the crab-stuffed grouper and the nut-crusted grouper, but was then delighted to realize that the nut-crusted grouper is also on the appetizer menu, so we ordered one to share. Wow! There were a dozen or so large pieces of grouper in a delicious nut/crunchy coating, served with a Thai chili beurre blanc sauce, tartar sauce, and cocktail sauce. The fish was extremely hot (temperature wise!) and utterly fantastic. A basket of warm bread and butter was also served.

For entrees I had the crab-stuffed grouper which was three very tender filets (and not at all mushy, as some other reviewers have complained) wrapped around three generous scoops of a crab-based stuffing. Everything rested on a bed of rice in a lemon basil beurre blanc sauce, with wonderfully crisp/tender green beans and some carrots. My dad had his usual – the “hot n spicy” grouper which is described on the menu as “Fresh grouper, breaded & fried, topped w/ sauteed onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, & crushed red pepper in an Asian style sauce, served w/ rice pilaf.” Mom had the “Grouper and Seafood Princess”: Italian breaded grouper set on a bed of rice w/ grilled zucchini, topped w/ shrimp & scallops in a creamy parmesan tomato basil sauce. Each dish was very attractively plated, with a small orchid on top. I quickly became full, and started eating just the fish, leaving the crab stuffing. We combined our leftovers (and those of another seafood restaurant – the Shrimp Boat Grille in Brandon) the following night and made an outstanding seafood chowder.

Service was quick, and attentive. My parents have had the same waiter before, whose name escapes me, but they have been very pleased with his service.

I didn’t see much of the inside dining area, as we simply entered, walked through the bar to the hostess stand, and were then shown to a table outside. The tiki bar area to our left looked to be very popular. Note that if you sit outside, there are a few stairs to navigate, but there are hand rails if needed.

I look forward to my next visit to Florida, and another trip to Circles. Yes, it’s a little pricy considering we were sitting outside, but since we each got two meals out of our entrees, I think it’s a good deal.

Diamond Point, New York
“Nice atmosphere and food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good food at a reasonable price. Make reservations or prepare for a long wait. Unfortunately for the area, this is the only really nice sit down restaurant in the area. The locals know it and it is packed on weekends. Service was friendly and food was good to great. Prices are reasonable. You can dine outside overlooking the harbor but those seats go first. Come by boat if you have one

• Visited April 2013
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Not what I expected.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

From the road I thought we were going into an old garage. When you step inside the style is somewhat contemporary, but you have to go through the bar to get to the checkin area. They were busy which left nowhere to stand while they found us a table. All in all it felt quite impersonal.

We made a dinner out of appetizers and salads. Most were good but the mussels were tiny and lacking taste. Server was friendly and efficient. Cost seemed high for the quality and quantity of the food received.

The experience might have been better at an outside table near the water. With little competition in the area, there is probably no reason to try harder.

Finally, an inappropriate poster in the restroom promoting alcohol use was another turn off.

White Hall, Illinois, United States
“Terrific Grouper”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Four of us visited on a Saturday night. No reservations. Outside seating had an hour wait but inside was immediate so that's what we chose. On our visit it was pretty noisy inside with a herd of kids on the next table. The menu was certainly on the pricey side.

Service started out slow (1/2 hour to get our drink order) but improved after that.

I had stuffed grouper and it was amazing. Three slices of filet wrapped around three helpings of crab stuffing. It was a pretty large serving. Also at our table were shrimp alfredo (tails on), seared tuna and calamari. Everyone thought the food was outstanding.

Service, after the slow start, was pretty smooth but just a little too friendly. For instance, when bringing the bread, the waiter compared it to the "hot buns" on our ladies. While they laughed, some might have taken offense.

Overall, it's worth another visit. Next time though I think we'll wait for outside.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Circles Waterfront? Share your experiences!