“Not Good”

Alpha Pizza House
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Apollo Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The restaurant itself needs alot of updating. It is dark with worn out tables and chairs. The food is passable but not great. It is cheap and attracts quite a few people, we just will not be amoung them.

2  Thank Judy M

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Based on TA reviews, we stopped in for Pizza, after work, on a Friday night. For once, the reviews were deceiving. At least they were for me. This is the #3 rated restaurant in Apollo Beach? You’ve got to be kidding. It’s old and brown with a Karaoke bar on one side that shares a common entrance, so I was confused: Is this a bar or restaurant.
The pizza crust looks and tastes like it was made days earlier and frozen. The pizza, when served, was luke warm and was not pleasing in appearance: covered with bits of sausage. Think rabbit pellets. We ate a few pieces and wanted to leave the rest on the table but my partner didn’t want to make the waitress feel bad so we took it home. Straight to the trash bin. I’m serious when I say that frozen pizza is much better than this.
My recommendation: Time to close the restaurant and incorporate the whole place into the bar.
You’ve been warned.

2  Thank runner24
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I shared a specialty pizza (pepperoni, tomato and mushroom). It was good while not great. We had gone there to review the entertainer for a possible spot with our Oldies But Goodies Rock and Roll Social Dance Club. My husband and I danced a good swing number after dining and I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack. Good pizza and good entertainmwent. Great place to go in a laid back Florida atmosphere.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is an ok place, but you feel like you step back in time about 30 years when you walk in. It definitely needs updating.

The service has always been friendly. The food is hit and miss, but priced ok. This is one of those places I consider a "last resort" when you don't want to travel out of Apollo Beach, but I would choose it over the Tavern on the Boulevard.

1  Thank Marladawn
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Alpha is our local's place to go! It was probably built in the 60s or early 70s and is able to maintain great prices. It has excellent lasagne, eggplant and chicken parmesian, gyros, burgers and more. The greek salad is the very best...big plump beefstake tomatoes, fresh greens and more cheese than you can imagine. The dressing is their secret recipe and the best ever (I'm tempted to sip it). Many of the other traditional greek appetizers are also very good. The bartenders make a nice drink. Cathy, and Susie, and a male bartender are the most down to earth friendly people ever and will always cheer up a day. While my husband and I find the karoke more commical than entertaining, they pack in a nice crowd and I always enjoy watching the young ones on vacation dancing with their grandparents or line dancing. The prices are the best part. Everything on the menu is very reasonable and many items are under $10. They have an all you can eat salad and pizza bar on certain days for lunch and while it's been some time for me on this, I believe it was around $5or $6. We have had them cater a pre- wedding week party and everyone was very happy with the great food. If you are in town, but want ing to stay at home, just call a day ahead and they will prepare either 1/2 or full tray of lasagne, stuffed shells or a few of their other great dishes. They serve along with this plenty of warm fluffy buns and butter. Get the large greek salad with extra dressing to go and you will have enough for about 6 to share. Great local spot that I hope never leaves!