There aren't too many places to stay in Apalachicola. This year we decided to "upgrade" and stay here. We had a 2 bedroom (king and bunks). King was covered in pillows and very comfy. It was just gorgeous. APT size washer and dryer! Great news for beach-goers so bring a little detergent. There was a commercial grade coffee maker, filters and all of the utensils, etc. in the kitchen. The A/C was top-notch! There is a very pretty pool that is bordered by the back wooded area. The front of the hotel faces the river. There are sailboats and very large, nice boats docked. A couple of kids fished from the dock. We saw 2 alligators swimming right next to the docks. The marsh is beautiful and every room has a screened in balcony. Try to get the top floor if possible for the best view. If you are on the first floor, you'll probably just see the boats docked. Negatives: "Armenian? Ants". We were warned about them and told to keep everything edible in the fridge which we did. I saw some in the bathroom. These are kind or like "sugar ants" as they call them down south. Yes it was a first to see them in a hotel, but it is in a very wooded, moist area. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, but I wouldn't even leave anything on the balcony (cooler, cups, etc.). We did have one blanket on one bunk with a big yellow stain at the bottom. To me it looked like a chemical stain, but they should check those blankets and remove them. I didn't say anything to mgmt. so I can't really say much more! The bunks need extra blankets.They gave us complimentary muffins on the first day (4), then 2 on the second and one on the third. It was like they were weaning us! The last "negative" were the towels. They participate in the water/energy conservation program where you put towels on the floor only if you want replacements. On the second day, I put 2 wash cloths and the bath mat in a pile. I got a bath mat and a hand towel (I already had 3) in return. I really needed the washcloths. Details do need to be watched. If you are there in warm weather, bring your bug spray for the mosquitoes- esp. for the pool and for walking to the restaurants/downtown. They'll jump on you quick! It was just such a nice place. I would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thirty NEW upscale condominiums with all the services of a hotel! The minute you step onto the grounds, you'll lose track of everything but the beautiful natural wetlands and the lazy Apalachicola River. If you enjoy solitude, you'll enjoy this. One and two bedroom, two bath condos feature a living-dining area with fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, washer-dryer, flat screen cable TVs, high speed internet, private screened veranda overlooking the river, outdoor pool and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Water Street Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water Street Hotel And Marina
- Water Street Hotel Marina
- Water Street Apalachicola