More like a condo than a hotel room. We made good use of the ample kitchen, which was well-supplied. The screened balconies are incredible, I could have spent a lot more time just sitting there. The location is great, not right in the heart of town but since the town is so small, it's well worth it to be out on the bank of the creek, overlooking the boats and birds. A couple of quirks: the "free breakfast" was worthless to us - a packaged muffin and a flavored yogurt, perhaps an orange which was OK. The in-room coffee packets seemed to be an odd fit with the full-sized coffee maker. As another reviewer said, the shower curtains had some mildew, and one day our bed was not made well. However I won't let that get in the way of the positives. The separate living room, laundry machines, two bathrooms, spare sitting/sleeping room were a great value and I would stay here again. There are nice B&Bs in the town which are cheaper, but coming "home" to the Water Street with its views and amenities is well worth it. It would also easily accommodate a small family - we were only a couple but still enjoyed it hugely. It is a wonderful place in which to wake up in the morning. We quickly gave up on going out for breakfast, in order to make our own in the kitchen and relax for up to a couple of hours, watching the sun climb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thirty NEW upscale condominiums with all the services of a hotel! The minute you step onto the grounds, you'll lose track of everything but the beautiful natural wetlands and the lazy Apalachicola River. If you enjoy solitude, you'll enjoy this. One and two bedroom, two bath condos feature a living-dining area with fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, washer-dryer, flat screen cable TVs, high speed internet, private screened veranda overlooking the river, outdoor pool and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Water Street Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water Street Hotel And Marina
- Water Street Hotel Marina
- Water Street Apalachicola