“A favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Apalachicola Seafood Grill & Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auburn, Alabama
“A favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wendy is the best waitress if you can get her. Seafood gumbo and key lime pie are always good. They have a nice selection of beer in bottles that are fun to try. It's kinda dive place but consistently good over the years. Always the first place and last place we want to eat... And sometimes in the middle too!

Hosford, Florida
“RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went with my mom, aunt, and 14 month old great niece. We asked if their was a lunch or senior citizen menu and was told no. The waitress then told us we could leave if we wanted (rude). I ordered a dozen raw oysters and a side salad and a kids shrimp basket for my great niece and mom to share. My aunt ordered a burger. The waitress understood that my mom and the baby would be sharing the kids basket. Before our food arrived, the waitress come to our table and stated that she had talked to the owner and she was a senior citizen as well and that the next time we went in that the senior citizens could order off the kids menu but would be charged an adult price. We said ok, no problem.

The burger was a decent size, the oysters were ok, and the shrimp basket was ok. The waitress brought the check to the table. When I looked at it, I noted that the waitress had put everything on one check (we were not asked if we wanted one check or a seperate check) and that we were charged the correct price of $7.99 for the kid's shrimp basket.

When I went up to the register to pay, I asked to have the burger and tea seperated so I could pay my aunt's tab with the cash she gave me. The waitress looked at the check and said "I need to charge you the adult price for the shrimp basket and that she would need to find out how much it was." I reminded her that she had told us that the next time we came in that we would be charged a different price for the senior citizens and that the baby was eating out of the basket. My aunt spoke up from the table and reminded her as well. The next comment was "but the lady ate half of it." And I again reminded her that she stated the next time we came in the price would be higher. She looked at me and stated "If you can't afford to eat here, you shouldn't have ordered!" I was flabbergasted that a waitress would make such a comment which was uncalled for. I just looked at her and said I wasn't going to pay a higher price. She said I can call the owner, and I said please do. To which she replied I can call the Sheriff and I again said please do, but I am not paying a different price than what is on my check. She got upset, asked another waitress to please take my money, and she walked off. By this time everyone in the restaurant was looking at us including people who had just walked in. After I paid the check (the original prices) and was walking out, I noticed that the restaurant was now empty except for me, the waitstaff, and the kitchen help.

On my way home, I called the restaurant and asked to have the owner call me. I was told to call back around 10am tomorrow and she should be there. They refused to take my name and number. I called at 1030am this morning and was told the owner was probably at church. Once again they refused to take my name and number and told me to call back. I called again at 1230pm today and was told the owner hadn't come in today. And again I was told to call back after they refused to take my name and number. When I called at 3pm today I was told she has already come and gone. I insisted that my name and number be taken. We shall see if the owner calls me.

My advice, this place is overly priced for the amount of food you served. After many years of working in food industry, I was appalled at how I was treated by the waitress.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank americangirl67
Shell Knob, Missouri
“Largest fish sandwich in the world...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Didn't have the largest, but had its baby brother. Very good. My wife had the shrimp poor boy. She talked about it for days, until I took her back again. She wasn't disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
Eufaula, Oklahoma
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My sister-in-law took us to this restaurant tonight. She has been eating here for 30 years and has never been disappointed. She said it was her favorite place to eat. She enjoyed fried shrimp, my husband love his fried oysters and the crab cakes I ordered were so very good. The waitress was very pleasant and took good care of us. The home-made potato salad was very yummy. Good place to eat!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Just stopped for a snack...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stopped in for our first dozen raw oysters as we got into town. Super friendly waitstaff, surprisingly large beer selection, good oysters!

Visited March 2013