“Amazing gumbo and unforgettable key lime pie!!”

Papa Joe's Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 4, 2016

The gumbo was was definitely some of the best I've ever had! The flavors were mature, not just salty, and it had a great amount of seafood in it. The fried shrimp basket was solid. There were plenty of shrimp and fries and all were perfectly cooked. The oysters on the half shell were excellent. They were so mild it was like not even eating seafood. But the key lime pie stole the show! It was creamy, velvety, rich, and perfect. I try key lime pie anytime it is on a restaurant menu. This was by far the best i have ever had! Note: other than raw or baked oysters, there is only fried seafood.

Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed the oysters . Got the rocker fella and shrimp ,bacon,cheddar . Also grouper basket and shrimp poor boy. Good food ,friendly service and fair prices . I do miss the river scenery of old place but this is a nice new clean dining room

Reviewed June 1, 2016

We had enjoyed Papa Joe's in the old location on previous visits and were a little hesitant after some reviews of the new location. The place was busy and we were a large group so were tolerated the slow service because the food was worth the wait. The waitress did do a good job of keeping refills poured and updating us on our food. Everyone in our group was pleased with their food. All of the seafood was fresh and well prepared. My only regret is not getting back here before I left town.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Ordered a cheeseburger and was real happy with what I ordered along with a massive pile of fries. The shrimp and scallop bisque was a real treat done homestyle with tomato cream.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Atmosphere is a 1. Food is a 3. Service is a 4. It's just not my kind of place. I tried like them in their old location, and there new location is just as underwhelming.