“Fresh Sea Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Creswell
“Fresh Sea Food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We rode over to Apalachicola to eat some fresh oysters. We had no idea where to go, we stopped a gentleman coming out of a business on the waterfront, he told us about Papa Joe's!!!
He said it mainly got locals as it was at the Marina, and a little off of the main drag!! Great advise, the oysters were huge and very tasty! The waitress told us the locals like them because they use the local seafood instead of having it brought in!! I recommend the seafood platter, it was huge, and after downing a dozen oysters, it was so big my husband and I shared it, and we are very big eaters!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kim O

Tallahassee, Florida
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is located riverside and has amazing seafood. Beware though that there is a shortage of oysters and the night we visited this place we actually ate the last few dozen. I was happy I arrvied earlier than I planned with my gf. Overall the food was amazing from the oysters all the way to the key lime pie. I would recommend sitting on the porch because the view of the boats and wildlife was very nice.

Visited September 2012
Jupiter, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what you'd expect”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Papas Joes was spot on for lunch. Not fancy by any means, but the fish was fresh and prepared just right on a fresh roll. Fries better than average also. Just a good seafood restaurant on the river as you might expect in Apalachicola.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty good restaurant in Apalach...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We visit Aplachicola probably once a year to get our oyster fix for a few days. One of the places we always go is Papa Joe's. They are over at the marina on the river. We usually get steamed oysters, but sometimes I've gotten fried seafood. I think the fried might be better in other places, but the oysters are always great. They have them with a few different toppings if you like 'em that way also. The atmosphere inside isn't much, although they have a side room with a bit of a view of the river. Prices are reasonable.

Visited November 2011
Virginia
“Great local place”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have to start out by saying that I'm not a huge fan of seafood but when i get in a mood i expect it to be done right and this place does it. my family and i went in june of 2012. i had never been to the gulf before but everyone else had and they all recommended this place.

Location: If you aren't looking for it you will definately miss this place its basicly at the end of water street. It really and truely looks like a hole-in-the-wall sorta place. it gives reason to the phrase "don't judge a book by the cover"

Atmosphere: It's not called a bar and grill for anything. It's not too loud but its not a 5 start atmosphere either. Tables are mostly the same plastic tables you can pick up at the local Wal-Mart and the chairs are either old school metal folding or plastic patio chairs. We sat out by the water on the closed in porch and was able to watch the boats come in and out or watch the wildlife.

Now for the real reason we came the FOOD: One word explains it all: Wow. I love a good steak and shrimp. The steak was NY strip cooked to a perfect medium. Also came with 6 jumbo fried shrimp. My wife as well and most of my family ordered the Seafood Sampler and it was HUGE. The platter, and I mean platter not a plate, was heaped over with shrimp, crab, scallops and oysters.

Price: For the group of 8 of us it was in the neighborhood of $180. And it was well worth every penny.

Any one heading to the area and wanting great food you need to go here.

• Visited June 2012