“BEST BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD!!”

Caroline's Dining on the River
Ranked #18 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marco Island, Florida
“BEST BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Yes, we've all had eggs, bacon, grits & biscuits...but you have not had the BEST eggs, bacon (oh God, the bacon!), grits (perfect, never have to salt myself), and the buttermilk biscuits (obviously made from scratch) are melt in your mouth cloud puffs from heaven. Being as I make frequent trips through Apalach for business travel, Caroline's breakfast is what I look forward to each trip. I used to leave on my trips early, so I could make sure I made it in time for Caroline's breakfast, but then found out they serve breakfast until 1 p.m. (That's so great!). The waitstaff is always cheerful, ready to seat me, serve me, and feed me in a timely manner. The breakfast chef, Jimmy, must never get a day off, because everyday, no matter what day of the week it is, he is there and his dishes are always consistently magnificent. Over the past few years, I believe I've tried every breakfast dish they offer & the expectations of my palate have always been exceeded. I never expected to have such a wonderful breakfast in a little town like Apalach...better than any of the fine dining restaurants I've been to all over the US (hang on to your chef Caroline).

andrewhalls
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Hi, my name is Andrew Halls my wife and i were driving threw aplachicola two weekends ago and decided to stop at Carolines for some dinner. The place was beautiful but very busy we were sat by this very young host I named Ashley which there was a couple infront of us that damanded to sit on the water!!! So the Ashley sat my wife and I first because she had to clean the table on the water off for the other couple. So when she sat my wife and I, I whispered to the lovely host HOW MUCH CLOSER CAN YOU SIT THOSE PEOPLE TO THE WATER WITHOUT THROWING THEM IN THERE!!! Ashley went and got our server a nice lady with tattoos on her hands with glasses she was very pleasant our food was wonderful the people was wonderful and the nice host top it off by buying my wife and I a very good desert. We tip them very good and very excited to see them when we return.

2 Thank andrewhalls
LaGrange, GA
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

The food was the best we had the entire trip. Would love to know the name of the chicken dish again so I can order on my next visit. It had a wonderful cream sauce that was out of this world. My husband had the crab cake and scallops and almost licked his plate clean.
Susan - LaGrange Georgia

Charlotte, NC
“A great breakfast -”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed in a different hotel in town 2 nights, end of March 20010 - The breakfast must have been good we eat here for both mornings - The view was so pretty looking out over the waterway and marsh - I will stay at the hotel the next time we are in town the breakfast is included in the room rate I am told - The helpings were good size, the ham was very good too -

Tallahassee
“Great Evening”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We just stayed at the Apalachicola River Inn - what a great place: Great Breakfast at Caroline's just down the stairs and later wonderful entertainment at their lounge. We decided to eat appetizers at the lounge and dinner downstairs at Caroline's. Both were great, but Caroline's was wonderful - the best seafood I've ever eaten. We only live 2 hours away and now we've found "a get away spot".