“Surprisingly good with a great view of the river!”

Caroline's Dining on the River
Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had a late lunch in the indoor portion of the restaurant and were greeted by two very friendly staff members who brought our food timely and very well prepared. The best part of visiting here was the lack of crowds and the noise generally associated with tourist areas! We enjoyed our meal very much and the gorgeous water view of the Apalachicola River! We will visit here again!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Earlier this week we made our first visit to Caroline's. We had the chargrilled oyster appetizer and I think that was the most delicious oysters I've ever had. For my entrée I ordered the panhandle grouper and loved it. The only complaint I would have would be the over abundance of dressing on the salad. I would suggest asking for your dressing on the side unless you like your salad swimming in dressing. We shared the banana's foster cheesecake and wanted more.
Our server was very helpful and friendly, telling us how oysters are harvested and what all is involved in getting them to our plate. She suggested we come back for breakfast and after enjoying our dinner so much, we returned for breakfast a couple of days later. I ordered the oyster cakes with grits and scrambled eggs. Since I've never had oyster cakes I wasn't sure what to expect, but found them to be quite good. It's hard to find good grits in most restaurants but theirs were quite creamy and seasoned just right.

1  Thank Cindy F
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Oh gosh, we were so disappointed! We went to Caroline's for breakfast with friends after an overnight in Apalachicola and were so disappointed! The service was sooooo slow, our waitress could never keep track of a pen to write down orders, food was so slow in coming to the table and none of the wait staff seemed to know what their particular duties were, won't go back.

2  Thank bonita099
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Their breakfast offerings are some of the best ever. If you like oysters, be prepared to enter a world of bliss. You can have just about any type of oyster omelet imaginable. They also have a mean French Toast that can feed a very hearty appetite. The setting is quite lovely with soft hues of lavender and twinkling chandeliers. Before you think this is just a "girlie" place, it's not. The food is sumptuous and delicious for everyone. Great view of the river if you can get a window table.

1  Thank Traveler10102
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The best meal we had while in Apalachicola! I had the oyster tacos and they were perfect! My husband had the seafood platter while my parents had the blackened redfish. Everything was outstanding. The service was the best. Ask for Terri.

2  Thank Pamscoot