“More than a meal!”
Review of Owl Cafe

Owl Cafe
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere is great. Quality of ingredients, care in preparation, presentation, service and taste - excellent. A visit here is a memorable experience and one I look forward to.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank 4whatitsworth2day
Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

One more night in the area. Tried this place up on the second floor. White linen on the tables, nice wine glasses for the water. Had a pretty good glass of Pinot Noir and my wife had a margarita. Ordered the Penne with chicken and sausage. Top notch. Wife had the fried oysters and garlic mashed potatoes. The entire meal was exquisite. The location is good, the service was timely and knowledgeable.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We happened upon this place at dinner time. A delightful evening, great food , ambiance and attentive service. The grouper fantastic ! Desserts awesome.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

The food was really really delicious. I had probably the best swordfish I've ever had. The desserts were great. I loved the flan custard. The wait staff knew the menu and were friendly and helpful. We were a family of 5 and everyone , even teenagers, were happy. It was nice to have a place in a small town to dress up and have a classy dinner.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing! We asked a local where he would recommend us to eat and he stated The Owl Cafe.

It is located downtown in historic Apalachicola next to several cute shops. The dining area is on the second floor of an old building. The view is wonderful up there! The atmosphere is great. I felt that it had a slight upscale vibe to it - The napkins were made of cloth and the straws were made of cardboard / paper. We ate lunch and ordered 3 adult meals, one kids meal, and beverages. The total cost was only $56! Not bad for quality gourmet food. The homemade green garlic dressing was to die for. My husband ordered fried shrimp. I usually have no appetite for fried shrimp and think of it as “meh and blah”. The Owl Cafe fried shrimp changed my opinion on fried shrimp! It was awesome!

I was very impressed with both the service and food. If you are staying on SGI, you can either pay $100 for your family to eat mediocre food, or you can take 10 minutes to cross the bridge into Apalachicola for an incredible dining experience for only half the price.

1  Thank jmashgirl