“Our favorite place-both the Cafe and Tap Room”
Review of Owl Cafe

Owl Cafe
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Apalachicola is famous for its oysters and the perfectly lightly fried 13 Mile oysters I had at the Owl Cafe were sweet and some of the best-tasting ever. I ordered oysters several times. The Cafe is a lovely casual but elegant white-cloth-table restaurant, with excellent service. We went for both lunch and dinner and enjoyed sitting by the windows looking out at the water from it's upstairs location. The Tap Room is around the corner and is a great gathering place. It offers a vast Craft Beer menu and ou can get many of the Cafe menu items here as well. I was able to get something that wasn't on the Tap Room menu by just asking if it was possible and lo, it was. We went to both restaurants at off-times, and I imagine it can be crowded at times. Also, check out the gift and culinary items in the Stuffed Owl, their shop on the ground floor of the Cafe.

1  Thank Altered_E
There are newer reviews for Owl Cafe

Reviewed April 21, 2014

What a nice way to end our trip. We ate lunch at the Owl Cafe' and it was terrific. The food was perfect and the staff was awesome. Everyone should go here for some terrific food. We live in the panhandle and have had some awesome shrimp and grits. Their's is the best anywhere! I am looking forward to my return trip in November!

2  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed April 20, 2014

How can you not have raw oysters at the home of the BEST oysters in the world? Nice Easter Sunday brunch unless you are looking for a buffet. Can barely see any water from the nice size window but these locals were here for the yummy food and maybe the $5.50 mamosas, orange Julius or bloody Mary's. I had the cilantro grouper and my hubby had the fried shrimp; both good. The potato cabbage soup and the small bread bowl were very good, nice atmosphere and the shop at street level was cute.

1  Thank travelismypassion
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

First visit to Apalachicola. Very nice staff. Fries with duck confit were yummy as were the fried oysters. We had a nice view of the water.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I would probably go there again in in the area. Service was average. One of us asked for a drink menu. It came but no follow up after that. Maybe Sunday is not the day to visit the Owl Cafe. There is a feeling of antiquity and old Florida which is pleasant. This alone maybe I should give an extra star.