“Top of the charts good”
Review of Owl Cafe

Owl Cafe
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We went to the Owl Cafe for lunch while exploring Apalachicola, and we were beyond pleased. The service was first class, the food was incredible, and the bright decor was a delight. Our friends told us it's the only restaurant in Apalachicola with tablecloths. That's not a big deal to me, but the sophisticated service that came with it was a big deal. I had an appetizer, their signature crab dip with fried pita triangles, and it was fabulous. Other members of the group had sandwiches, and everyone raved. The only thing that made me sad was that it was too windy to sit out on the terrace overlooking the water. I'd go back to The Owl in a heartbeat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Based upon the fairly strong TripAdvisor reviews for the Owl Cafe in Apalachicola, I was excited to celebrate my birthday dinner there with my family. Unfortunately, our meal did not begin well when we were told upon seating that our three children (ages 3, 6, and 7) could order grilled cheese sandwiches from the lunch menu and then told during my husband's soup course that the chef would not deviate from the dinner menu, which does not have a children's section. Therefore, the only options at that point for my kids were chicken tenders (which apparently the chef/owner was willing to make) or a pasta dish. Needless to say, my kids wanted grilled cheese sandwiches. Given that my husband and I had already ordered our first and main courses, we felt obligated to stay. Fortunately, the food was decent. My husband's bacon, cheddar and potato soup was delicious, as were my raw oysters. My husband's sausage penne pasta dish was somewhat bland (he doesn't eat seafood). My black grouper was fresh. But we would not return with our family due to the apparent unfriendliness of the restaurant toward children. As an aside, we dined early in the evening and the restaurant was less than a third full at the time.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We went here because of the trip advisor rating. We wanted to sit on the patio, have an appetizer and a cold beer. We had the brochette, which was closer to pico de gallo using green peppers.

If you are looking for a fun place with a great atmosphere, this is not it.

Service was so so, not what we've come to expect in the south and the menu is kind of all over the place. They only offer fried oysters for example...

The only reason we would ever come back would be to try the Duck Confit Fries.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Enjoyed lunch here and loved the food. Staff was a little slow, but they were very busy. Good prices for cocktails/wine and good selection.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The food was outstanding. The wait staff was the best very efficient and courteous . Dressy or casual attire is appropriate