“Best Food in Apalachicola”
Review of Owl Cafe

Owl Cafe
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

One of my favorite places in all of Florida to eat. The food is fantastic, the atmosphere is unique and nice and quiet. One of the more upscale places in Apalachicola, yet not so formal that you need to dress in anything too formal. I had the alligator and sausage creole over grit cake, which was delicious, as was the creme caramel dessert. The service can be a little too casual at times, but it was prompt and efficient. A step up from the usual raw bar atmosphere in apalachicola, my family makes it a point to eat here whenever we are in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food is one of the best seafood restaurants on the gulf coast. I have dined all over Florida and the only food the comes remotely close is a fine New Orleans Restaurant. This is not a fried seafood joint or raw bar, the fish specials are some of the best dishes around. Whole Snapper with a Jalapeno cream sauce with Jasmine rice, also the have a Grouper with Artichokes and capers is excellent too. The Owl Cafe is a must visit..........!

1  Thank KrazyfishGrille
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family visited for dinner and everyone raved about the food. Our son had the filet(it was so tender that he cut it with a fork)Stuffed grouper was really good. My husband had the Cajun mahi mahi which he really liked. The desserts were fabulous. Service was the best!(there were not many other customers at the time that we were there) The meal was a little pricey, but was enjoyed by all!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were a party of six at 5pm. We were seated immediately and our waitress took our drink order and covered the specials. We were served without any delays and everyone agreed the food was excellent. More formal than I expected but our waitress was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The view was quite appealing as we sat and ate. It is bright and open. I started off with a house salad that had a nice mix of greens with basalmic vinegrette and cracked peppercorn, which is the best house salad I have had in quite some time. My main meal was jambalaya. The meat and sauce was delicious but the rice was bland. My mother had the fish chowder, which was rich and quite fulfilling. My grandmother had the pulled pork, which she enjoyed. The chicken croissant with cilantro and jalapeño was huge, and my sister devoured it. All in all a pleasant dining experience.