“Still best oysters on the half shell”
Review of Boss Oyster

Boss Oyster
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
“Still best oysters on the half shell”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Between Boss Oyster and Carolines, we never go anywhere else. Best oysters on the half shell. Raw, cooked you name it.

1 Thank mermaid2013

“My nephew says... "Very shippy"”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

When we asked my nephew what he thought of the place, he said that he thought it was "very shippy", hahaha! (There were boats all over out back). Really, we had a great experience at Boss Oysters. The environment is fun and family friendly. We sat outside and experienced the Floridian afternoon rain shower followed by the HUMIDITY. Yuck! My husband got a po-boy and I got grilled oysters and sweet potato fries. They oysters were soooo yummy. A little smaller than I expected, but yummy none the less. I sorta wish I had stuck with my gut when ordering because I think the grilling and toppings takes away from the joy that I get when enjoying raw oysters! (I'll stick with those next time)

Vienna, Georgia
“Best seafood platter and freshest oysters!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent. We had a dozen raw oysters and shared the fried seafood platter. It was a lot of food and cooked to perfection. View of bay was very relaxing. Only negative would be the cheap vinyl table cloth had definitely seen better days. But we were there for the food so no real complaints. Definitely worth trying.

• Visited July 2014
Panama City, Florida
“Definitely worth the try...relaxed with great food”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Boss Oyster was super crowded on the night we gave it a try. The hostess was polite and helped to get us a table in just a few minutes. She even took care of our beverage order since the waitresses were so busy, which we appreciated. The view of the bay is nice, the fans helped keep things cool. All of the seafood was great...loved having red beans and rice as a side! Would go back in a minute.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank LandT_Stanford
Tampa, Florida
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Decor rustic and old Florida. Sat at bar for dinner. Bartender was great. We had key west, capt jack, traditional char oysters and a pound of head on gulf shrimp. Truly is nothing like fresh off the boat seafood. Loved it and would come back for more.