“always delightful”

Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The onions rings were not a great as they usually are and I was very disappointed. The waitress was delightful. The oysters were just fresh as could be. The shrimp was a bit
not up to their usual.

1  Thank Pat S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Traveling across the florida panhandle our AAA book noted Apalachicola as "the oyster capital of the world". Being from the Chesapeake Bay region I had to try some oyster stew in the "capital". Was very pleasantly surprised at Boss Oyster. The oyster stew was as good as any I've had in the Baltimore region where they make a mean bowl of stew. Would recommend Boss for a good bowl of creamy oyster filled stew

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were headed for the Up the Creek Oyster Bar but it was closed. That was a break for us because we ended up at Boss. The raw oysters were salty sweet and flavorful. May be the best I've ever had. The fried oysters had a great breading that kept the juices in the oyster so they were juicy with a buttery flavor. The corn fritters were even good with lots of corn kernels and very little breading. Finally the sea food gumbo was wonderful. I tend to like roux based gumbo and even though this didn't seem to be roux based it was full of oysters and shrimp and was some of the best I've ever tasted.
I just wish we lived closer so we could come back more often.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I had the oyster combo with captain jack, bienville, rockefeller II and key west. Captain Jack were my favorite. Fiance had the ahi tuna and said it was pretty good, but had a couple if tough pieces. Mai Tai was good, bloody mary was good once i put more tobasco in it. We will be back.

1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Was disappointed this trip to Boss Oyster, fried mushrooms were still frozen in the middle, when I told our server she said sorry, that was it. Oysters were not what they were a few years ago. Have been here many times and this visit was not up to par with the others. Hope it's better next time.