“Oysters everywhere!”

Boss Oyster
Ranked #14 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Oysters everywhere!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Terrific food and friendly service. Perfect location in a quirky and charming town. Good value at lunch time. Don't miss the oyster tacos!

Visited February 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Smallest oysters”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The oysters were tasty & they serve them an overwhelming number of ways but I have already been to a lot of places for oysters & they were super small here. Small in general & very small for the Apalachicola Bay. Like most places (not all) they close early @ 9 & they make sure you know it...so otherwise felt rushed & felt like I was an annoyance. None of the experience made me want to try again.

1 Thank Mybell222
oystr, Owner at Boss Oyster, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Please reference magazine 850-northwest florida- "declining oysters" Jan 2013 to see the state of the entire Apalachicola bay. We have served Apalachicola bay oysters exclusively for 22 years and sometimes take the heat for it. We serve them as they are and we have three boats with veteran oystermen catching oysters every day. Ours are the only restaurants Caroline's and Boss Oyster in the bay to send out its own boats The oysters still taste the best but vary greatly in size. Larry Maddren, owner, Wellsville New York native.
Lake City, Florida
“Great Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate here on both our nights in Apalachicola. My husband had the shrimp and grits and I had the fried shrimp basket the first night. The second night I had the fried scallop basket and he had some oysters and the crab cake basket. All our food was very good and the service, while not real attentive, was very friendly. My hubby has not had oysters in years and he said they were excellent.

Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Was as good as advertised...”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went to Boss Oyster for lunch on a recommendation from a friend. I had plain raw oysters and they were by far the best I have ever tasted. Also had the soft shell crab sandwich which would have been better broiled rather than deep fried (the server told me it could not be prepared that way). Was still good though and huge (2 crabs). My husband had fried scallops and said they were very good. Also Journey's End sandwich, Key west oysters and chowder had by our friends were delicious as well. Service was a bit slow but who cares when you are sitting on the river watching the wildlife. Plan to return again and again!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good meal”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

6 people went for dinner. Friendly wait staff. I had snapper that was grilled. A tiny bit dry but better than coated with oil. 2 of the men had a dozen baked oysters with cheese and they loved them. The others ordered sandwhiches. Reasonable prices