“Delicious, well priced and pleasant!”
Review of Hong Kong Bistro

Hong Kong Bistro
Ranked #19 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Reviewed May 8, 2014

After eating Chinese in nearly any city I've ever visited, each review seems to get even more strict compared to the previous. The first time you eat Chinese it's either a great or bad time and as you travel, you really get to know where the best food is at. For me, I've traveled up and down the east coast many times and this is one of my favorite places now for Chinese. We ate here for dinner recently. I got the sweet and sour chicken while my partner got the General Tso Chicken. We also got an order of crab Rangoon. For my first time ever, I can say Chinese food isn't just thrown on a plate, they really have gone out of their way to serve your meal on beautiful plates, a decent portion size for the money too. I was more than happy with the quality of the food too.
Having stayed on Saint George Island for a "one night vacation", I'm always disappointed there are hardly any places to eat on the Island, and for what's there, they are typically "island priced". I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor about the Hong Kong Bistro prior to visiting so we were taking a chance as the reviews are greatly mixed. But I can now say, this was well worth a visit and we will definitely go here again. It's a great atmosphere, the wait staff is friendly and very helpful, and even the owner came around to make sure we were satisfied.
Being so many different Chinese restaurants out there, perhaps it's difficult to stand out from the rest, but the Hong Kong Bistro did that, and did it very well. Thank you so much for a wonderful meal!

3  Thank mrjingles88

Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is our second time here and we just love the Chinese food ! We were surprised to find such great food in a seafood town. The staff is friendly and helpful,but it's the food that will keep us coming back. We live in the area part time and in the Atlanta area the rest of the time but this is as good or better than the resturants in Atlanta.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We dined at lunchtime during the buffet and the one waitress, Deborah was busy but made sure we were taken care of. She was very sweet and courteous. She made sure to ask if we would like anything "to go". The food was wonderful and we will return for dinner soon. Hope to have Deborah as our waitress then.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The food was great! There were four of us and our waitress "Deborah" was very attentive and seemed to truly care that we were happy! We will definitely return to visit this beautiful area and hope to see Deborah again!

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

After eating lots of local seafood, we decided to have something different. I had seen many cars in front of this restaurant at lunchtime so thought we would try it. The service was inadequate.
My appetizers came with my meal because she forgot it. The food was warm ;not hot. The chicken was tough. My husband had already upset stomach all night. We won't go back.