“Perfect Atmosphere / Wonderful Food”

Hole In The Wall Seafood
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We were driving home to Indiana from spring break and decided to stop in this small town to stretch our legs and to get a bite. Loved the atmosphere. The staff was attentive and fun. If you are a bit uppity and don’t appreciate people with good dry sense of humor, better go elsewhere. By the end of the visit I felt like we were all old friends. Now for the food. We all shared the casserole, shrimp, crab cakes, and raw oysters on the half shell. All were wonderful and would order again. The marinated salad that came with the seafood casserole was simple and full of flavor at the same time. My kids are 13 and 11 and enjoyed the food and atmosphere as well.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This place is awesome. The waitress we have had on both our visits is just a character. The raw oysters are shucked right when you order them. Fresh and tasty and reasonably priced. Grouper sandwich pretty tasty as well. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Let’s just say, if you love good food and good humor, then this is your place! We started with the smoked tuna dip & dozen raw oysters! YUM! The tuna dip is amazing! The oysters were so fresh and salty! I had the crab claw basket. Best ever, and I have had a lot of them. The batter is so light, not the heavy greasy batter you expect at many places. My husband’s grouper basket was the same: wonderful! The kids had chicken finger baskets. Even the chicken fingers are fresh & lightly floured. And the staff....so much fun!!! We had an awesome time with them! They treat you like family, cutting up with customers and cracking jokes! We will definitely be returning!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

The shucker was great and generous. Food was good. Conversation with the locals made our visit a great experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I drove there to specifically eat at this place based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor. Well, we are glad we did. Such outstanding food, amazing service and atmosphere. We talked to the owner Dan while seated at the bar and enjoyed the action behind the bar almost as much as the food. I had a dozen raw oysters and then a dozen fried. My wife had a shrimp basket. Everything was delicious and priced right. Freshest oysters I have ever had and my wife’s shrimp was so fresh. Gotta go back soon. One of a kind place with a one of a kind crew.

1  Thank Ken C