“Good Fish Good Deal”

Hole In The Wall Seafood
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Hole in the Wall is almost that. It is a very small place, but is very well decorated with sea shells and a wall of hats behind the bar. The seating arrangement is a bit odd with three high tables permanently attached to wall and maybe a couple more regular tables for 4 and several bar stools. We had a party of 6 and shared a table with another couple. It was OK with us but it may have been overwhelming for them.

The menu is mainly seafood and oysters. A good selection of bottled beers is available. Soft drinks are by the can so no refills.

They know how to fry seafood. It is not greasy but very light and breaded just right. Our table had grouper, shrimp, chicken, and oysters combo baskets which comes with fries and a couple of hush puppies. A truly enjoyable meal.

You definitely need to visit this place if in Apalachicola.

1  Thank Jack37069

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I had given up on the poor quality of food on St.George Island. The reviews and the food on the island are poor. So far as I know and can discern from the crab claw shortage restaurants like Blue Parrot on SGI still use Cisco foods... Where else would they get Alaskan snow crab local. Ha.

So we explored Apalachicola restaurants and the Hole in the Wall was by far higher quality for both food and service. The prices were fair too. The only down side is the seating is primarily at the oyster bar. They have 4 large tables for dining in.

We had fried shrimp and grouper that was very well cooked, golden brown and yummy. My mom had the gumbo and it was spot on. And while I don't eat oysters I was very impressed with the fresh quality observed in all the food served.

Come in early or late to get a table without wait... Otherwise it is worth the wait. Be respectful of others and leave when you are done.

1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Small little near place to eat. They have an oyster bar and tables for seating. Folks were very friendly and helped out my family on the seating situation to include figuring out a way that the high chair for the baby would come up even with the table we were sitting at. Once our order was taken, food came out in about 15 minutes. They have a tasty burger for the kids and the adults got the grouper and shrimp baskets which were also great too. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I came to Apalachicola for the day and accidentally stumbled on this little eatery. The name of it is perfect - and in a very good way. The people were very friendly, and the food was great. My girlfriend said her fried grouper sandwich was "the best I ever had since I was a teen"....and my baked butter parmesan oysters were scrumptious. I highly recommend this little hole in the wall -- and we will be coming back here every time we visit A'cola.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stopped in on a whim with my family. I had heard it only had four tables, which is true, but they are quite large and there's a bar to eat at as well. Not the best beer or wine selection so most of us chose just water, but the seafood was excellent and not overpriced. Each of us ordered a different item and then split it with the rest. So, I was able to try the grilled shrimp, the fried shrimp, crab cakes, and fried grouper. Wanted to order crab fingers but they were out. All were good but I would rank them in this order: fried shrimp, grouper, grilled shrimp, crab cake (I got spoiled during multiple business trips to Baltimore). Fried is not usually my favorite preparation of seafood, especially fresh seafood, but the breading here is light and flavorful and they are not overcooked. The sides were good, too. Some of the best hush puppies I've ever had and the marinated salad was an excellent choice! The slaw was good but not special. Service was friendly and reflected the character of the place. Feels like real Florida (and I grew up there).